Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

zone 2 in-line volume

2 posters

Go down

zone 2 in-line volume Empty zone 2 in-line volume

Post  huston4 Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:31 pm

I want to hook up some outside speakers to zone 2 of my TX-NR515. Speakers are currently controlled by an in-line volume control on the side of the house. These speakers are currently hooked up to another receiver in my home and speaker selector box that allows various zones in the house to be turned on or off. I want to remove this single pair of speakers from the whole-house system and have them hooked up to zone 2 of the NR515, since the NR515 is a new addition to my newly finished basement and the pair of speakers in question is on the patio outside the basement doors. So, my question is, can I leave the in-line volume control mounted on the exterior of my house for these speakers, or will that somehow interfere with the electronics of the NR515? The wiring would be from the NR515 to the volume control, and from the volume control to the speakers.
Thanks for reading!

huston4

Back to top Go down

zone 2 in-line volume Empty Re: zone 2 in-line volume

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:32 pm

Yes; this can be done but what the are connections the volume control device utilizes? Speaker wiring or RCA Composite audio cables? If speaker wiring; you can use the POWERED ZONE 2 option of the receiver (remember to ENABLE POWERED ZONE 2 on the SPEAKER SETUP> SPEAKER SETTINGS submenu) to accomplish this. If you are using RCA cables onto the receiver (remember to DISABLE POWERED ZONE 2) connect using the ZONE 2 LINE OUT terminals on the rear of the receiver. Using POWERED ZONE 2- you can control the ZONE 2 volume from the TX-NR 515 via its volume control. Using the ZONE 2 LINE OUT terminal- the volume will need to be controlled by the external amplifier.

If you are still experiencing the same issue(s), Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down