NR717 zone 2 / 3 powered and line out

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NR717 zone 2 / 3 powered and line out

Post  jbrans1 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:21 am

I've read bits and pieces of how the zone 2/3 outputs work but nothing comprehensive.
With the main vewing area set up to utilize 7.2 can you use the line outs for zone 2 and 3 as an input to external amplifier to drive those speakers? IF so, what are the restrictions of what can be played on the zone 2 and 3 speakers?

I think that i understand how the powered zone 2/3 works. If i run my main set up as 5.2, I can use 2 of the speaker outputs for powered zone 2. If i run it as 3.2, I can use two more speaker outputs for zone 3. I can also run each of the three zones independantly by three different inputs into the AVR. That is, as long as the inputs aren't exclusively digitial. ie..it is not input exclusively via HDMI.... but a source that is connected via HDMI, may be also connected via rca and playable in zone 2/3. Is this correct? Any input or insight would be appreciated.

jbrans1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NR717 zone 2 / 3 powered and line out

Post  d6500k on Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:32 am

You have basically answered all of your questions accurately.

The "limitation" of playback options is the necessity for zones 2/3 to be analog feeds if i remember correctly.

I run another amp for zone two and therefore have 7.1 in the theater room. This allows zone two for outside that can be fed by any source that outputs an analog signal either with a corresponding digital signal or not.

Doug k

d6500k

View user profile http://www.6500kcalibrations.com

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:34 pm

NOTE: ZONE 2 is an ANALOG only source- With all of our products that have a Zone 2 or more features they use only analog connections (RED &WHITE) so you need to hook up an analog connection from the source into the back of the receiver into the input that you are using. The digital connection will remain in the main room and the analog will be redirected to Zone2 or the other Zone outputs. So basically- any input connected to the receiver already using HDMI will also need a RCA Composite audio (red and white) cables into the SAME input (i.e HDMI> CBL/ SAT and RCA AUDIO cables> CBL/SAT). Now when you press the specific input for ZONE 2- the analog audio source will broadcast the audio and the digital audio will be broadcasted into the main room.

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
Admin

View user profile http://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top