Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR709 No sound after Audussey Setup!

4 posters

Go down

TX-NR709 No sound after Audussey Setup! Empty TX-NR709 No sound after Audussey Setup!

Post  Muzikal-JRNE Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:56 am

I have a brand new TX-NR709. I just finished running the full 8 position Audussey setup, and now I am not getting any sound from any speakers or subs!!! This is the second time running Audussey setup, after the first time I had no problems. I decided to re-run Audussey after moving around my speakers. I don't even get any sound with the "Level Calibration " setup. I tried Power+VCR factory reset and still no sound, no nothing. I am running the latest version of the firmware. I tried running Audussey again and it just stays on "WAIT". No background noise even if I crank the volume and put my ear to any speaker : (

Muzikal-JRNE

Back to top Go down

TX-NR709 No sound after Audussey Setup! Empty Re: TX-NR709 No sound after Audussey Setup!

Post  D Bone Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:42 am

Did you try the factory reset that I advised on AVS?

D Bone

Back to top Go down

TX-NR709 No sound after Audussey Setup! Empty Re: TX-NR709 No sound after Audussey Setup!

Post  Muzikal-JRNE Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:17 am

Muzikal-JRNE wrote:I have a brand new TX-NR709. I just finished running the full 8 position Audussey setup, and now I am not getting any sound from any speakers or subs!!! This is the second time running Audussey setup, after the first time I had no problems. I decided to re-run Audussey after moving around my speakers. I don't even get any sound with the "Level Calibration " setup. I tried Power+VCR factory reset and still no sound, no nothing. I am running the latest version of the firmware. I tried running Audussey again and it just stays on "WAIT". No background noise even if I crank the volume and put my ear to any speaker : (

I wish that did work, but all it did was reset all of my settings.

Cheers, Joe

Muzikal-JRNE

Back to top Go down

Post  D Bone Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:38 pm

Damn, sorry to hear that. It sounds fatal to me. I hope it's still within the vendors warranty period so you can just do a quick return.

D Bone

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:34 pm

Hi Muzikal-JRNE,

If you aren't hearing any static noise from the basic level calibration then there is something wrong with the unit and will need to be either returned to the dealer if you are still within the exchange period or taken/sent to a service center for further evaluation. Authorized service centers can be found on our website at www.onkyousa.com under support.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Boney Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:19 pm

When I took my 709 in for repair for a no audio out issue, the tech told me that this type of problem is often caused by the circuitry that senses when earphones are plugged in, which normally kills all other audio outputs except for region 2. Now I would try plugging and unplugging a set of headphones to see if that might bring back the sound.

Boney

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:39 pm

Hi Boney,

Thanks for your feed back.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down