Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tx-nr709 freezes on audyssey setup

4 posters

Go down

tx-nr709 freezes on audyssey setup Empty tx-nr709 freezes on audyssey setup

Post  haroldcom Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:37 pm

TX-NR709 freezes on audyssey setup. When i start the process it hangs after the first speaker test sound. The only way to stop is to unplug the microphone.

haroldcom

Back to top Go down

tx-nr709 freezes on audyssey setup Empty Re: tx-nr709 freezes on audyssey setup

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:01 pm

Hi Haroldcom,

Please try a factory reset of the unit and try the setup again. Make sure the room is very quiet. To do the reset please follow these steps:

To do the reset you need to turn the receiver on, then on the front panel of the receiver press and hold the "VCR/DVR" button while doing that press the "STANDBY/ON" button. You will see the word "Clear" in the display screen and the receiver will go into standby mode. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR AUDIO & VIDEO ASSIGNMENTS ON THE RECEIVER PLUS YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SPEAKER CONFIGURATIONS, SPEAKER DISTANCE AND ALL LEVEL CALIBRATION SETTINGS. YOU WILL ALSO LOSE ANY PROGRAMMED RADIO STATIONS IN MEMORY. Once the receiver goes into standby mode turn it back on and go thru the setup menu for all custom settings.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

tx-nr709 freezes on audyssey setup Empty Thank YOu

Post  haroldcom Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:30 pm

It worked Thank You

haroldcom

Back to top Go down

tx-nr709 freezes on audyssey setup Empty Audyssey Calibration - Speaker not Found Error

Post  Walterh Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:15 pm

I have a new TX-NR709 received that I just connected surround speakers to. Originally I connected the satellite speakers to the "Wide Front" connections.

I have Fronts and Center speakers connected. No sub, the fronts have full band capability with built-in powered subs. When going though the calibration, it failed with an error not finding the Left Surround speaker, which was not attached. And had dashes in the table after calibration. The right Surround had a "no" which was expected. Retrying several times, still same problem. The Right surround shows up as a "No" but left shows as "---".

I moved the satellite speakers to the Left and Right Surround connections, and the calibration worked fine. Is there an order of priority associated with calibration, i.e, if no surround speakers found first, its an invalid config if only Front wides are attached? The sound came out of the speakers connected to the Wide Fronts during the testing.

Walterh

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:40 pm

Hi Walterh,

Two questions, first do you have the receiver set to "bi-amp" and second, did you set the subwoofer to "no" in the speaker setup?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoInNH Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:40 pm

I have pretty much the same problem Walterh has, but with a different speaker config.

I have a 5.1 with a powered sub. I have tried the reset procedure and the results have not changed.

I start the calibration and it walks through the speakers. It walks through all the speakers and everything is working fine until it completes the right surround which works fine. I assume the calibration is supposed to move to the left surround because the calibration sound comes out of the left surround, but the picture does not move from the right surround. It then reports no left surround and fails with a config error.

Like I said I reset the receiver a couple of times and tried the calibration with and without the left surround speaker connected with the same results the calibration picture showing which speaker is being tested never moves to the left surround.

OnkyoInNH

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:00 pm

Hi OnkyoInNH,

In the 5.1 configuration where do you have the rear speakers attached, is it the "Surr Back" or the "Surr"?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoInNH Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:17 pm

Thanks! I guess I should read the speaker connection label. Moving them to the proper surround and not surround back fixed the problem.

thanks

OnkyoInNH

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:38 pm

Hi OnkyoInNH,

Glad to hear you resolved your issue. Thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down