Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

need help with Onkyo Reciever and Onkyo Amp

2 posters

Go down

need help with Onkyo Reciever and Onkyo Amp Empty need help with Onkyo Reciever and Onkyo Amp

Post  Oppyidol Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:25 am

Hows it going guys? Got a quick question. well not really quick haha..

I have a onkyo tx sr507 5.1 channel with a zone 2 output. The Zone 2 is powering 8 Speakers. 2 speakers in kitchen, 2 speakers in dining room, 2 speakers in family room, and 2 speakers in guest room. Every Speaker and there speaker wire is coming back to the receiver and then each pair of wire are tied together into a four conductor wire connecting to the zone 2 of the receiver. 4 Speakers in one channel of zone 2 and then another 4 speakers in the other channel of zone 2. Please look at this back pic of onkyo txsr507.1 if you want to see zone 2 input. Google it.

Everything works great, and the speakers are pretty decent, sound wise. What happens though sometimes the receiver stops working when I turn on zone 2. It wont shut off, it just basically, stops working. The receiver is still powered and everything is still highlighted. However in order for me to get the receiver to start working so that it shows video and so that I hear audio, is i have to unplug the receiver and plug it back in.

I am thinking I pulling to much for zone 2 with all those speakers. What do you think?

I went out to buy a Onkyo M282 (B) and hooked that up and it works however, none of my speakers are loud. I mean there loud enough for chillin and doing things around the house. However, I would like them to go louder when I have friends over. Not super loud, but just louder..

ANy suggestions?? Should I get a speaker craft 8 channel amp? Thanks a mil guys!

Oppyidol

Back to top Go down

need help with Onkyo Reciever and Onkyo Amp Empty Re: need help with Onkyo Reciever and Onkyo Amp

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:41 am

Hi Oppyidol,
I have a co-worker looking into this for you and will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

need help with Onkyo Reciever and Onkyo Amp Empty Re: need help with Onkyo Reciever and Onkyo Amp

Post  Oppyidol Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:48 pm

Thanks so much. Really appreciate it! Let me know if you need any more info. Thanks again

Oppyidol

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:12 pm

Hi Oppyidol,

You are correct in that zone-2 is drawing too much power from the receiver and this setup is not recommended. May I suggest a speaker selector that you would connect in the zone-2 line out on the rear of the unit as this is what the zone-2 line out is for. Thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Oppyidol Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:57 pm

A speaker selector would be great, however, what if I wanted to play all the speakers at the same time. What could you reccomend?

Oppyidol

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:17 pm

Hi Oppyidol,

As long as you have any device such as a speaker selector going to the receiver with its own pre-amp (one that you physically plug in the wall outlet) you can play as many speakers as you'd like.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down