Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using a UWF-1 Wireless Device on USB Port

2 posters

Go down

Using a UWF-1 Wireless Device on USB Port Empty Using a UWF-1 Wireless Device on USB Port

Post  rstg_jones Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:40 am

Presently I use theTX-NR509 Receiver USB port to connect an Onkyo UWF-1 Wireless USB device to permit acess to my Wireless network. However I would also like to have the ability to plany my MP3 music device through the NR-509 receiver. How can I do this without having to physically disconnect the UWF-1 Wireless USB device??

Thanks
Richard

rstg_jones

Back to top Go down

Using a UWF-1 Wireless Device on USB Port Empty Re: Using a UWF-1 Wireless Device on USB Port

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:22 am

Hi Richard,
Unfortunately, there is only one USB on this unit. What type of MP3 device are you trying to use? If it is an iPod you could purchase one of our iPod docking stations for the unit. We are sorry for any inconveniences this may have caused you. Thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Using a UWF-1 Wireless Device on USB Port Empty Using the RJ-45 connection for Internet & USB for MP3 Player??

Post  rstg_jones Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:51 am

Presently I have a Sony Walkman device which I want to concurrently connect to the receiver while my still maintaining my internet connection. .

If I were to use a Wireless Bridge router and connect to the RJ-45 port at the back of the receiver for internet access, can I then use the USB port at the front for connection of the MP3 player??

Regards
Richard Jones

rstg_jones

Back to top Go down

Using a UWF-1 Wireless Device on USB Port Empty Re: Using a UWF-1 Wireless Device on USB Port

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:23 am

Hi Richard,
I will look into this and get back to you soon. Thank you for your patience.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:15 pm

Hi Richard,
Unfortunately, We are unable to tell you if it will work or not due to the fact that we are unsure if a wireless bridge will work with our RJ-45 port or your router. You can always give it a try. We can only be certain that our Ethernet port on the back will work with a Modem or Router. Sorry for any inconveniences this may cause you and thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down