Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NR616 Streaming TO another DLNA device?

3 posters

Go down

NR616 Streaming TO another DLNA device? Empty NR616 Streaming TO another DLNA device?

Post  rolinger Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:16 pm

I haven't had an enormous amount of time to truly investigate the NR616 networking capabilities. I know the NR616 can pull/recieve audio/video from a DLNA device, but can the NR616 stream music to a DLNA zone or device?

I have speakers in another room that are on my home network and recognized as DLNA receivers on the network, so my computers can stream music to them. Question is, can the NR616 do the same. Ideally, I would want these extra set of speakers to be listed as Zone 3 (since I am not using Onkyo's embedded Zone 3) or as Zone 4 (if Zone 3 is a dedicated Onkyo zone).

rolinger

Back to top Go down

NR616 Streaming TO another DLNA device? Empty Re: NR616 Streaming TO another DLNA device?

Post  rolinger Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:45 pm

DLNA Connections:

1: On main computer, I could push music from computer TO the NR616
2: On Onkyo, I could pull music from computer TO NR616

*** Hoping to find a way to push Pandora (or other Onkyo music apps) from Onkyo TO computer (or other DLNA devices).

rolinger

Back to top Go down

NR616 Streaming TO another DLNA device? Empty Re: NR616 Streaming TO another DLNA device?

Post  rolinger Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:38 pm

bump. Any one have any insight into this?

rolinger

Back to top Go down

Post  hirez24 Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:08 pm

There are three different types of DLNA devices.

1. DLNA renederer - A device that media can be pushed to.(your reciever can do this)

2. DLNA Player- A device that can browse a dlna server and play from.(Your receiver can do this)

3. DLNA Server- A device that stores the maedia a makes it available to other devices.( your receiver can not do this)

so to answer your question, no you can not use the 616 to stream pandora to another computer.

There is a ton of great information at http://www.dlna.org/ You can familiarize yourself with these different terms and it will make alot more sense. Hope that helps.

hirez24

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:53 pm

Our receivers do not have the capability to store audio files to allow this action. This would be the function of a DLNA server (i.e. your PC/ HDD). Our receivers, such as the TX-NR 616, can NOT stream music to a DLNA zone or device.

Hope this answer resolves your inquiry;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down