Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The solution to the registration of a used/demo device?

3 posters

Go down

The solution to the registration of a used/demo device? Empty The solution to the registration of a used/demo device?

Post  transmaster Sun May 06, 2012 2:28 am

I found this in the FAQ section in the Onkyo vTuner site.

I purchased a used /demo device and I would like to reset the password and create a new account.
It is not possible to reset the account yourself.
Please provide the following information:

1. MAC address or ID#
2. the name of the first station in the folder (for security purposes).

I have a problem accessing my account using my ID and password apparently caused by crash and subsequent format of My PC. But I can access it using the MAC address for the Onkyo receiver which by-passes the regular check in procedure, even though I am in my account I cannot reset my ID and Password this would be for security proposes. If you can access an old account doing this you can recover the first station in the folder to supply it to vTuner for the reset. Try checking in using your email address and a password. It will not recognize it and then ask you for the MAC address of the account. It looks like I will be sending vTuner the necessary info' to reset my account. The only link I can find that might be who to contact is:
support@vtuner.com is this correct Onkyo?

I sure hope this does the trick. Smile

transmaster

Back to top Go down

The solution to the registration of a used/demo device? Empty Re: The solution to the registration of a used/demo device?

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon May 07, 2012 4:00 pm

Hi transmaster,

Thank you for this information as it will help others in this situation.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The solution to the registration of a used/demo device? Empty Re: The solution to the registration of a used/demo device?

Post  transmaster Mon May 07, 2012 10:43 pm

I sent the required information to vTuner for a reset we will see how it goes.

Has anyone tried putting in an incorrect address and pass word to see if the box asking for your MAC address comes up?

transmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  GerryC42 Tue May 08, 2012 3:50 pm

Good luck. I've been asking vTuner to reset the account associated with my TX-8050. Initially they answered and tried once, unsuccessfully. Since then, I haven't gotten a reply for over a month, even with several emails to them per week. It's like nobody is home.

GerryC42

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue May 08, 2012 4:45 pm

Hi forum users,

I will find out if we can assist with this issue. I have sent an email to the department that handles it. Thank you for your patience.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  transmaster Tue May 08, 2012 6:05 pm

The fundimental problem is vTuner is treating Onkyo receiver like a regular Web Radio. With the web radios my friends have that are powered my vTuner none of them has an online account it all is in the radio. Denon also has vTuner on their receivers I wonder if they are having similar problems. For me is is odd that just because I had to format the PC I can no longer access my account to edit my account info, and the account recovery system does not work either. This means something went with the format that is preventing vTuner from recognizing my Onkyo, a DLL file no doubt.

P.S. I checked and Denon is having the same problem that Onkyo has. This means somebody in Onkyo management is going to have to make some rather pointed phone calls to vTuner. vTuner is not the only such service out there I have several of them and they are much better the vTuner.

transmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed May 09, 2012 4:52 pm

Hi foum users,

I’ve been informed that at this point please refer to Vtuner for any deletions of previous usernames. We may have a firmware update in the near future that may address this.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down