Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zone 2 plays after 809 is powered off

2 posters

Go down

Zone 2 plays after 809 is powered off Empty Zone 2 plays after 809 is powered off

Post  lewgreen Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:03 pm

Speakers connected to Zone 2 continue to play even after I power off the TX-NR809.
This happened when I was playing Pandora through a network connection.
Is this normal? I found nothing about this in the manual.
I otherwise like the convenience of leaving Zone 2 On for full house music as a default whenever I turn the receiver On.

The only to way to stop this seems to be by pressing the Zone 2 Off button before pressing the Power button.
What this also means is that every time I power off the receiver and I hadn't first pressed Zone 2 Off, even if no source is playing, the receiver draws more electricity than expected because the Zone 2 amps must still be on.

Also, I find it very frustrating to effect a change in the volume of Zone 2, since it takes many under 8 second attempts before the volume choice changes to Zone 2 from the main zone.

Also, pressing MUTE on the remote controller has no effect on the Zone 2 speakers.

lewgreen

Back to top Go down

Zone 2 plays after 809 is powered off Empty Re: Zone 2 plays after 809 is powered off

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:52 pm

Hi lewgreen,

Unfortunately this is how the receiver was designed. One question though, do you have the whole house system connected the receivers pre-outs?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Zone 2 plays after 809 is powered off Empty Re: Zone 2 plays after 809 is powered off

Post  lewgreen Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:48 am

I have the speakers in 3 other rooms connected through a speaker selector to the Zone 2 amp terminals of the 809.
I have been turning on Zone 2 selecting the source and trying to set its volume. I have not been using the Whole House Mode function though that seems like a convenient way to accomplish the same thing, except that setting the volume of Zone 2 is still a problem.
I thought what I described as a power usage problem might be "by design" when I noticed that the Zone 2 indicator light on the front panel stays lit after I have powered off the receiver. But it would have been nice if the manual addressed this issue and advised to always power off Zone 2 before powering off the receiver.

lewgreen

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:48 am

Hi lewgreen,

Duly noted and will be sent up to upper management to see what they can do in the next year’s models. Thanks for the input.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down