Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR609 Wireless Setup/Problem Question

5 posters

Go down

TX-NR609 Wireless Setup/Problem Question Empty TX-NR609 Wireless Setup/Problem Question

Post  JaxBill Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:32 pm

I have the N609 and I am trying to use the TPLink wireless connector to access my home network. I have gone thru the setup to the point that it sees my home network, entered the WEP password and it says that it connected. My connection rate is snywhere from 44 to 84%. I do not have it connected via ethernet since my router is in the other room.

- When I try to setup the internet radio, I can not "register" the receiver online(using my laptop to enter the code). the MACD address does not work whether the wireless is in or out of the usb port.
- When the wireless dongle is in, should I be able to pick up anything playing via windows MP11 or do I need to actually stream it from my computer?

JaxBill

Back to top Go down

TX-NR609 Wireless Setup/Problem Question Empty Re: TX-NR609 Wireless Setup/Problem Question

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:56 pm

Hi JaxBill,
I have a co-worker looking into this and will get back to you soon, thank you for your patience.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR609 Wireless Setup/Problem Question Empty Re: TX-NR609 Wireless Setup/Problem Question

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:01 pm

Hi JaxBill,

Unfortunately the ID number for registration is not the mac address (although it may be close) it is an id number in Vtuner itself. Once connected press the "net button" then select "Vtuner" and once you are at the "favorites" on the top I want for you press the "up arrow" on the remote or if you are using the front of the receiver use the "tuning up". The next page should give you the following: ID#************ <----Denotes the numbers in the ID, it should be 12.
On your other question on the Windows Media players 11 it must be streamed from your computer.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smittylube Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:43 am

Netgear XAVNB2001100NAS PowerLine AV 200 Wireless N Extender Kit - 1x Wireless-N Extender, 1x Ultra Adapter, 200Mbps, IEEE 802.11 b/g/n, 1x 10/100 Port

Get one of these and hardwire it. Totally worth it. If you have an iPhone the onkyo app works killer also.
I tried wireless and it failed badly as well.

Steve

Smittylube

Back to top Go down

Post  JaxBill Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:39 am

OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi JaxBill,

Once connected press the "net button" then select "Vtuner" and once you are at the "favorites" on the top I want for you press the "up arrow" on the remote or if you are using the front of the receiver use the "tuning up". The next page should give you the following: ID#************ <----Denotes the numbers in the ID, it should be 12.

When I select vTuner, I get "no Item". There is a "My Favorites" icon when I first hit Net, but up arrow does nothing.

JaxBill

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:48 pm

Hi JaxBill,

Do you know if you have "mac filtering" enabled on your router?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JaxBill Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:42 pm

MAC Filtering is disabled.

JaxBill

Back to top Go down

Post  JaxBill Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:49 pm

RIght before I tried the Net testing, I went over to USB and my connection status was 80%.

JaxBill

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:33 pm

Hi JaxBill,

Were you able to connect to Vtuner and get the ID#?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JaxBill Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:20 pm

Were you able to connect to Vtuner and get the ID#?

No.

Like I said, I went to USB and verified my connection (82% this time), then switched to Net and the TV displays VTuner sirius, mediafly, MyFavorites, Pandora, etc. I select vTuner and it says "No items". Hitting up arrow does nothing. I go back to previous menu and choose MyFavorites. Hitting up arrow just wraps me around to bottom of list.

JaxBill

Back to top Go down

Post  Smittylube Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:17 am

That's what I'm saying. Same here 80% & no net.

Spend the $ and fire that thing up with a wifi extender, but use the Ethernet cable. I spent way too much time wasted, but when it works it's worth it.

Smittylube

Back to top Go down

Post  JaxBill Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:39 pm

Unfortunately the ID number for registration is not the mac address (although it may be close) it is an id number in Vtuner itself. Once connected press the "net button" then select "Vtuner" and once you are at the "favorites" on the top I want for you press the "up arrow" on the remote or if you are using the front of the receiver use the "tuning up". The next page should give you the following: ID#************ <----Denotes the numbers in the ID, it should be 12.
On your other question on the Windows Media players 11 it must be streamed from your computer.

I still cannot find the vtuner ID even when I hard-wire an ethernet cable from my wireless router across the room to the ethernet port. When I follow the directions, all I get is "No favorite stations" and I tried up arrow on remote and tuning up on recvr. I can get to other stations that are already listed under local stations or search by genre,

JaxBill

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:07 pm

Hi JaxBill,

Once you connect to Vtuner, from that main screen if look at the bottom the last item should say "BUZZ" then on the next page there is ID #, this is the number that is used to register the device on Vtuner. If you still do not see this number then I would suggest it either be returned to the dealer if you are within the dealers exchange period or take/send to one of our authorized service centers for further evaluation.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

TX-NR609 Wireless Setup/Problem Question Empty TX-NR609 Wireless Setup/Problem Question

Post  Fleming Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:41 am

Hi, I just bought TX-NR609 recently & have some problem setting up the wireless network.

When I plugged in the wifi dongle (I tried 2 types: a) TP Link TL-WN727N b) Prolink WN2201) both are not recognized.

I saw a video posted on youtube on the wifi dongle installation and noticed the difference with the process I experienced: after I plugged in the wifi dongle, the wireless setup page doesn't showup (unlike what happened in the video).

Can you pls help?

Fleming

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:13 pm

Hi Fleming,

The one difference is you did not mention our wireless dongle which the UWF-1 which is the only supported wireless dongle at this time.
If you have the receiver connected to your TV via HDMI and you are on the correct input source on the TV the installation menu should come up if you use our wireless dongle.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fleming Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:28 am

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I did some research, actually not totally true that Onkyo TX-NR609 can only work with UWF-1 wireless dongle. There's even a video posted on youtube that shows Onkyo works with alternative wireless dongle, it was TP Link dongle, TL-WN722N that was used in the video.

Is there anyway to allow Onkyo accept other wifi dongle through firmware update, may be ?

Thanks again.

Fleming

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:07 pm

Hi Fleming,

Yes, I have read that that, but unfortunately we only support what we sell and we do not sell that product. I will pass your question on to the appropriate department but I doubt we will do this.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fleming Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:17 pm

Hi,

Really appreciate if you can help to check with your technician.... as I believe this issue/problem is not only faced by me, but other ONKYO customers too... as UWF-1 wifi dongle is not commonly available for purchase in electronic/computer store. I did ask the store where I bought the Onkyo receiver, they don't have it... that's why I bought two alternative dongles which are now becoming useless.

Expecting to hear further from you... thanks a lot in advance.

Fleming

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:46 pm

Hi Fleming,

I apologize for this. They should be shipping to our dealers sometime later this month. Please check with them on when they expect it at their store.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

TX-NR609 Wireless Setup/Problem Question Empty TX-NR809 and UWF-1 connection problems

Post  KuifjePDX Mon May 07, 2012 8:15 pm

Hi,

Since the TX-NR609 and TX-NR809 are very similar I post my question here.

I have the 809 and installed the UWF-1 about a week ago. My network is secured with WPA2-AES and the 809 sees my SSID. After entering the WPA2 key the 809 fails to connect. My other devices in the same location all connect just fine to my router. I switched to WEP and the 809 connects at around 50% signal strength. Back at WPA2 it still see the network but cannot connect to it. Neither through the front USB port nor the rear one.

I read about the TP-Link TL-WN722N adapter so I tried that because of the high gain antenna. Same result, no WPA2 connection. I used a USB extension cable to relocate the UWF-1 and the TL-WN722N away from the other devices but the results remained the same. No WPA2 connectivity while both adapters see the network SSID.

Then I plugged the UWF-1 into my laptop and it connected immediately to my WPA2 secured network after entering the key. Same for the TL-WN722N.

So, in my opinion, the TX-NR809 firmware has an issue with connecting to a WPA2 secured network. The problem is not in the router setup, the UWF-1, or the TL-WN722N, as my other devices can connect to the router and even the two adapters can connect my laptop to the router. The only device that cannot connect using the adapters is the TX-NR809.

Can Onkyo investigate if something has changed in the firmware with regards to the handling of WPA2 secured networks?

Best regards,

KuifjePDX

KuifjePDX

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue May 08, 2012 2:57 pm

Hi KuifjePDX,

Please see my question in the other post.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JaxBill Sun May 20, 2012 5:49 pm

Smittylube wrote:
Netgear XAVNB2001100NAS PowerLine AV 200 Wireless N Extender Kit - 1x Wireless-N Extender, 1x Ultra Adapter, 200Mbps, IEEE 802.11 b/g/n, 1x 10/100 Port

Get one of these and hardwire it. Totally worth it. If you have an iPhone the onkyo app works killer also.
I tried wireless and it failed badly as well.

Steve

Thanks. I went this route.

Love the quality of the receiver but very disappointed in the network connectivity that I thought I was paying for. Also disappointed that I can't somehow point my receiver to jango.com in some way shape or form, i,e, I can't enter a URL for streaming music.

JaxBill

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon May 21, 2012 3:19 pm

Hi JaxBill,

I will let the appropriate department know of your concern. Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down