Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using wireless headphones with TX-NR609

3 posters

Go down

Using wireless headphones with TX-NR609  Empty Using wireless headphones with TX-NR609

Post  Grubs Thu May 17, 2012 7:06 pm

I am in the process of setting up a new receiver and have run into a problem involving the use of wireless headphones. The headphones are designed to connect to the "tape out" jacks from the receiver. It doesn't say in the manual but I assume I should plug them into the "vcr/dvr" out jacks? I tried that and only got sound on some inputs (worked on Pandora but not on cable tv for example). Any ideas?

Grubs

Back to top Go down

Using wireless headphones with TX-NR609  Empty Re: Using wireless headphones with TX-NR609

Post  coxie2 Thu May 17, 2012 8:35 pm

Hey Grubs I believe you have the phones hooked up right, however some circuitry that has video attached (cable / sat) requires a video loop (vcr/dvr) to activate the audio as well. I bet you can hear anything on the "Net" function and radio stations. Basically, you may need to hook up a vcr and use the audio outs on the vcr. I take it that your phones need a line out source and that you have a volume control on the headphones themselves. You might be able to use the headphone jack on front (with an adapter) but bear in mind that your master volume will need to be set low as to not harm your headphone transmitter. There may be an internal setting on the receiver, but I have not found that in the manual. Hope this helps and I will look further in the manual for a possible solution.

coxie2

Back to top Go down

Using wireless headphones with TX-NR609  Empty Re: Using wireless headphones with TX-NR609

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri May 18, 2012 4:52 pm

Hi coxie2,

Thank you for the assistance.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down