Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No sound back/center speakers with blue Ray only

4 posters

Go down

No sound back/center speakers with blue Ray only Empty No sound back/center speakers with blue Ray only

Post  dennisinchicago Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:06 am

I just got an Onkyo TX-NR609 5.1 home theatre receiver for my Sony Bravia. I had it professionally set up but it still doesn't work right. I get all 6 speakers working pretty well with the TV but when I play a DVD through my Blue Ray I only get sound through my front left and right speaks, nothing from my center or back left or right speakers. I have gone through the set up menus until I am blue in the face but I can't seem to find the right setting. Help! Does anyone have a ideas??? Thanks!

dennisinchicago

Back to top Go down

No sound back/center speakers with blue Ray only Empty Re: No sound back/center speakers with blue Ray only

Post  Papergarbage Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:13 am

Hi Dennis,

Did you try cycling through the different Listening Modes? Also, did you try playing a CD or another movie through your blu-ray player? The sound processor might not be sending signal through the center channel for whatever reason for that particular movie and/or Listening Mode.

I had a similar frustration when I was first using the NR609 with MP3s I was playing via USB thumb drive. I'm guessing you've probably tried the above, but on the off chance you hadn't, I thought I would suggest. Good luck!

Papergarbage

Back to top Go down

No sound back/center speakers with blue Ray only Empty Re: No sound back/center speakers with blue Ray only

Post  w6fxj Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:34 pm

Dennis - Many DVD's default their audio output to stereo instead of 5.1 surround. Check the main DVD menu or the pop-up menu to see if the audio is set to stereo or 5.1 surround sound. You may need to select 5.1 sound to get it sent to your TX-NR609. You can see what the NR609 is receiving from the BD player by pressing the Onyko Remote DISPLAY button. See page 41 of the users manual for details. - Bill

Last edited by w6fxj on Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction)

w6fxj

http://jplarc.ampr.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:06 pm

Hi dennisinchicago,

Please make sure that you have in fact a 5.1 audio signal coming out of the DVD player. Please understand that the receiver will only output what it gets, so in other words if it sees a 5.1 signal coming in it output and display it accordingly. Also since you did have it professionally installed I would check with the installers and see how they configured it.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dennisinchicago Mon May 21, 2012 5:21 pm

OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi dennisinchicago,

Please make sure that you have in fact a 5.1 audio signal coming out of the DVD player. Please understand that the receiver will only output what it gets, so in other words if it sees a 5.1 signal coming in it output and display it accordingly. Also since you did have it professionally installed I would check with the installers and see how they configured it.

According to Sony support: "The Blu-ray Player is compatible with the Dolby Digital (5.1ch) with the DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL, CO-AXIAL) and HDMI Ports." I also spent over an hour talking to them and there are no special settings needed to transmit a 5.1 signal except to select "Dolby" which I already had.

I can't tell you how much time I've spent on this talking to support people and Sony and Onkyo. Sony insists is a receiver issue, not the Blu-ray.

dennisinchicago

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon May 21, 2012 5:27 pm

Hi dennisinchicago,

Have you contacted the original installers to see how they may have set it up? I'm not saying it's them or us at this time I just want to get to the bottom of what's going on with this setup. And since you did mention it was professionally installed and these things can be installed a thousand different ways so it is crucial to figure out exactly how they set it up.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down