Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX SR707 No audio at power on

+11
mwinter66
geoff1025
cinestoph
Guindalf
Sokvichet
02Lightning
Sistum Id
Captcanoli
MidTennesseeAudio
OnkyoUSA
Boney
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

TX SR707 No audio at power on - Page 2 Empty Re: TX SR707 No audio at power on

Post  Sistum Id Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:59 pm

Well it's been a week and still no reply back on my issue. I called just now and spoke to a woman, I told my problem and she asked who I spoke to last week. His name is DeVaughn and she said he's available now and I'll transfer you to him. After few rings it goes to voice-mail, left a voice-mail. Doubt he'll call.

Onkyo, thanks for a great product and great customer support. No No No

Sistum Id

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:24 pm

Hi Sistum,

I apologize for the delay. I will follow up with DeVaughn tomorrow on this.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sokvichet Thu May 03, 2012 1:25 pm

My TX-SR707 has just joined the club Sad

I left a message at the number provided yesterday. Can I expect a response, or should I call again in hopes an agent will be available? I provided my name, number, and Serial from the unit.

My concern: I believe my unit is JUST past the warranty period. As this is a known and widespread issue of which Onkyo is obviously aware - are they going to repair them out of warranty? Or recall them as they should? This is the first Onkyo to have ever failed me (I've purchased 3 over the past decade); I hope I will not have to abandon the brand over this.

Sokvichet

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu May 03, 2012 1:38 pm

Hi Sokvichet,
Please contact our parts and service center for assistance. They will be able to help you with this manner. 201-785-2600 option 4. We are sorry for the issue you are having.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

TX SR707 No audio at power on - Page 2 Empty TX-SR707 No Audio......second time around.

Post  Boney Fri May 25, 2012 7:15 pm

My TX-SR707 was repaired under warranty. Three months later it failed again. It would, after being warmed up for about an hour, work again after repeated power ON/OFF cycles. When I picked it up the second time I asked the tech if it was the HDMI board again and he said yes. Apparently this is a known problem with this unit, however, Onkyo isn't recalling them but I'll bet that they will respond even if the unit is out of warranty if you contact them. I notice that "Onkyo USA" on this forum has repeatedly replied with contact information, hinting that they may fix it as if still under warranty.
If you don't get any satisfaction from Onkyo and know someone skilled at working on surface mount PC boards, he may be able to help you. Apparently the problem has to do with a part finally pulling lose from the PC board after many thermal cycles that stresses the solder connections. This can be repaired by using a heat gun and getting the solder to reflow again. I have fixed similar problems like this on surface mount boards using a heat gun. Sounds dangerous but remember that these boards are probably wave soldered which puts the whole board at the temperature of molten solder. Just use a small heat gun with a tight heat shaped output and ensure that any close by plastic is shielded from the heat output. All the electronic parts, with the exception of some inductors are safe to heat in such a manner.

Boney

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue May 29, 2012 10:55 am

Hi Boney,

Thank you for the assistance.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guindalf Thu May 31, 2012 12:26 pm

I had the exact same problem last week, so I went out and purchased a TX-NR616 last Saturday as I figured it was cheaper than getting it repaired.

Now I find that it's a known issue that SHOULD be fixed by Onkyo free of charge and I'm pissed that I gave the company more money when they're not even prepared to take responsibility for it.

Added to this is the fact that the 616 has a MAJOR issue of not going to standby mode when it is switched off, causing the user to have to switch it back on manually at the receiver - and there's no sign of a firmware update to fix it!

It's over an hour's drive to the nearest dealer, but I'll be making the trip on Saturday and returning the 616, replacing it with a brand that cares about its customers and not only stands behind a $900 receiver, but tests new models before releasing them!

Guindalf

Back to top Go down

TX SR707 No audio at power on - Page 2 Empty My TX SR707 has no audio as well

Post  cinestoph Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:54 pm

You can add me to this growing list of frustrated customers. My 707 receiver died a few months after my warranty expired. No audio unless I restart the unit multiple times - sometimes a process that can take 15 minutes.
Never buying an Onkyo again and spreading the word to keep people from this frustration and hassle.

Chris

cinestoph

Back to top Go down

Post  geoff1025 Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:48 pm

About 2 months ago my TX SR707 went in for service (just under warranty by a few weeks) for this same issue. After a couple of weeks I got it back and everything seemed to be working fine. Now I'm having the same issue again. Only 1 relay click when turning on and no sound. If I unplug it for a while then go through 10 minutes or so of "on/off" sequences it will come back sometimes but this is ridiculous. Onkyo needs to do something about this issue! Too many people are having the same problem with this unit.

geoff1025

Back to top Go down

Post  geoff1025 Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:38 pm

Just got off the phone with the authorized service center that did my repair. I'm out of my factory warranty & the repair only has a 30 day warranty which I'm also out of by about 2 months. What now?

geoff1025

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:41 pm

Hi geoff1025,

You will need to contact our parts and service department in this matter. They can be reached at 201-785-2600 option #4 or you may email them at parts@us.onkyo.com
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mwinter66 Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:09 am

After contacting them, be prepared to wait. I called them on Monday morning and immediately faxed in all of my infomartion regarding my NR-807, no audio issue. I called back on Tuesday and someone told me that there are no faxes in the bin so someone else must have picked it up. They told me to wait for a call. Really........you just can't tell me what to do next......I have to keep waiting. I know it's only going on 3 days, but really? I know that I tend to be impatient by nature, but that is not customer service.

mwinter66

Back to top Go down

TX SR707 No audio at power on - Page 2 Empty Wow

Post  ironchef3500 Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:14 am

Wow, I am glad I am not the only one experiencing horrible customer support by Onkyo. You know what I think? This isnt a software issue, these unit have a hardware defect, something that is ALL over the internet and their VERY OWN forums and they still refuse to admit it. We should all get replacement units free of charge and a big apology. We spend lots of money on Onkyo expecting a quality product and they did not deliver!!!!!

ironchef3500

Back to top Go down

TX SR707 No audio at power on - Page 2 Empty Wow

Post  ironchef3500 Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:15 am

Wow, I am glad I am not the only one experiencing horrible customer support by Onkyo. You know what I think? This isnt a software issue, these unit have a hardware defect, something that is ALL over the internet and their VERY OWN forums and they still refuse to admit it. We should all get replacement units free of charge and a big apology. We spend lots of money on Onkyo expecting a quality product and they did not deliver!!!!!

ironchef3500

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:28 pm

Hi ironchef3500,

Our apologies your receiver is not working correctly. Please PM us with your contact information and we will take care of your issue immediately. We need your full name, address, phone number, email address, the name of the dealer where it was purchased and the date of purchase. Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

TX SR707 No audio at power on - Page 2 Empty Just to be clear

Post  ironchef3500 Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:36 pm

Just to be clear, I have the exact same HDMI issue listed all over your forums. I do however not have the very same model listed in this particular post, I have the TX-SR806. Are you still going to help me?

Lee Wilson

ironchef3500

Back to top Go down

TX SR707 No audio at power on - Page 2 Empty Well Onkyo?

Post  ironchef3500 Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:04 pm

Well? Are you going to answer me or what? Please see my above comment.

ironchef3500

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:24 pm

Hi ironchef3500,

Our apologies your receiver is not working correctly. Please PM us with your contact information and we will take care of your issue immediately. We need your full name, address, phone number, email address, the name of the dealer where it was purchased and the date of purchase. Thank you..
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

TX SR707 No audio at power on - Page 2 Empty Ok

Post  ironchef3500 Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:39 pm

I will PM you guys later when I am home.

ironchef3500

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:41 pm

Hi ironchef3500,

Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

TX SR707 No audio at power on - Page 2 Empty Done

Post  ironchef3500 Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:57 pm

PM sent.

ironchef3500

Back to top Go down

TX SR707 No audio at power on - Page 2 Empty TX-SR707 no audio

Post  cburnsi Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:58 pm

Hi. I'm having the same problem with my SR707 - no audio. I have been through several resets and tried all the configurations. Yesterday I was able to unplug it for a bit and then when I plugged it in I had audio but now even that doesn't work.

My unit is out of warranty by a few months but I see this is a known problem and I am hoping that there is a fix. Can you help me figure out how I get service on my unit authorized? I called several times this morning and finally decided to get on the 'call back' queue but even though that was 5 hours ago I still haven't been called back.

Thanks for any help,
cburnsi

cburnsi

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:05 pm

Hi cburnsi,

Has anyone contacted your callback that you left? If not please contact our parts and service department at 201-785-2600 option #4 for further assistance. If you are located outside the USA or Canada then please contact the appropriate support numbers from our global website at www.onkyo.com.

Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

TX SR707 No audio at power on - Page 2 Empty TX SR707

Post  cburnsi Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:20 pm

This is not a helpful response. I have called that number 7 times now and never talked to a person, waited on hold for way more than an hour and I have left my info in the 'callback' queue 4 times in the last 24 hours with no callback.

Also, it is ridiculous that I cannot send a message for 7 days on this forum. In what realm is that a practical rule when I am trying to get help?

cburnsi

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:42 pm

Hi cburnsi,

I apologize for the forum software that Onkyo does not own and the 7 day policy they created. Please PM me with your first and last name and your phone number so that I may look into this for you.

Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next