Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX SR707 No audio at power on

+11
mwinter66
geoff1025
cinestoph
Guindalf
Sokvichet
02Lightning
Sistum Id
Captcanoli
MidTennesseeAudio
OnkyoUSA
Boney
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

TX SR707 No audio at power on Empty TX SR707 No audio at power on

Post  Boney Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:24 pm

This receiver just started giving me a problem. When the unit is powered up there is no audio. This happens in all configurations. TV with HDMI, BluRay or DVD player, the built in Tuner and no audio gets passed through to the TV. When this first happened I spent a couple of hours going through the menus to make sure I hadn't accidentally set something different. Finally I tried resetting the unit and after several tries I had audio. If the receiver is turned off for only a few minutes audio will come on again. If the unit sits over night then no audio and can only be obtained after multiple tries at resetting the unit. I have left the receiver with the power disconnected as recommended in the manual but that had no effect. Its still under warranty but I wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything before going through all the work to disconnect and be without for any length of time.

Boney

Back to top Go down

TX SR707 No audio at power on Empty Additional information

Post  Boney Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:44 pm

I have done additional testing, or in this case messing around. I find that repeated turning the unit off and on after about 15 minutes of warmup will get the audio up and running rather than going through the reset. Since there have been no other replies to this problem I fear an internal failure and a trip to the warranty center.

Boney

Back to top Go down

TX SR707 No audio at power on Empty Re: TX SR707 No audio at power on

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:40 am

Hi Boney,
We apologize for the delay in responding, our forum only runs Monday to Friday 9am-5pm. It does sounds like your unit needs to go in for service. You can go about this two ways.
1. Contact the service center directly. Here is our blog post on how to find a service center near you: http://onkyousacustomersupportblog.wordpress.com/2011/09/13/locating-an-authorized-service-center-or-dealer/
2. Contact our parts and service department for assistance in obtaining service: 1-201-785-2600 option 4. They are here from 9am-5pm monday to friday. Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MidTennesseeAudio Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:15 pm

A lot of customers are experiencing this problem (appears to be defective HDMI component) and Onkyo refuses to address the issue.

MidTennesseeAudio

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:19 pm

Hi forum users,

Please contact our parts and service department at 201-785-2600 option #4 to see if they can accommodate you further in servicing your unit.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Boney Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:14 pm

Just picked up the receiver from warranty repair. The problem was a faulty HDMI board. I was told to be glad it was under warranty because this repair would have been very costly. Seems as though I am not the only person with this sort of problem. If this is a chronic problem, Onkyo should have a "recall" and repair these at no cost to the users even if its beyond the warranty time, which is two years for Onkyo receivers.

Boney

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:11 pm

Hi Boney,

Glad you were able to get your issue resolved.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

TX SR707 No audio at power on Empty No Audio on my TX-SR707

Post  Captcanoli Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:43 am

I'm having the same problem with my 707. When I first turn on the unit there is no volume comming out of the stereo speakers. I can however get volume out of the TV if I shut the receiver off. Any way, if I unplug and then plug the power cord to the receiver into the ac outlet it eventually works however, once I shut it off for the night and turn it on the next day, well wouldn't you know it, no volume. I think it might be a relay for when the unit works correctly I hear a sequence of two relays kicking in. One for the main power, then a second one to drive the output to the speakers. When there is no speaker voulme, I hear only one relay kicking in. So it looks like it's off to the repair shop 'cause eventaully, if I'm not mistaken, this "sticky" relay will one day toatlly freeze up and I'll never get sound out. Plus plugging and unplugging is getting quite annoying. Response is greatly appreciated although time is running out on my warranty.

Captcanoli

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:52 pm

Hi Captcanoli,

In case you missed my response:

Please contact our parts and service department at 201-785-2600 option #4 to see if they can accommodate you further in servicing your unit.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sistum Id Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:31 am

My SR707 just stopped out-putting audio as well. Looks like its a fairly common problem from I'm reading on other online forums. I'm out of warranty since I bought mine in Nov09 so I'll have pay to have mine fixed. Awesome product Onkyo, thanks! Nothing like coming home from a long day at work to find your little over 2 year old $500 receiver isn't working. Hard earned money well spent, thanks again.

Sistum Id

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:17 am

Hi Sistum,
We are very sorry for the issue you are having. Please contact our parts and service department. They will be happy to assist you with repairing the unit and giving you all the information you need. 201-785-2600 option 4. Again, we are sorry for any inconvenience and we hope to help you resolve this ASAP. Thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  02Lightning Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:24 pm

OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi Sistum,
We are very sorry for the issue you are having. Please contact our parts and service department. They will be happy to assist you with repairing the unit and giving you all the information you need. 201-785-2600 option 4. Again, we are sorry for any inconvenience and we hope to help you resolve this ASAP. Thank you for choosing Onkyo.

Would this be a free of charge repair? I would be pretty upset myself if my reciever did that after only 2 years and had to pay for repair.

02Lightning

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:28 pm

Hi 02Lightning,

If it is within the warranty period it would be covered. If you are outside the warranty then you will need to contact our parts and service department and the number previously given to discuss it with them.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sistum Id Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:16 pm

02Lightning wrote:
OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi Sistum,

Would this be a free of charge repair? I would be pretty upset myself if my reciever did that after only 2 years and had to pay for repair.

Nope, Onkyo is saying sorry, but give us more of your money and we'll fix the receiver that is known for having no audio issue. Google "Onkyo TX-SR707 No audio" and you'll see other people with the same problem. Read the reviews on Amazon and Newegg. Check eBay and Craiglist for cheap 707's being sold as is with no audio issues.

I was looking at buying a AV receiver for my Office to replace my Logitech Z-5500's. But now I'm just going to go with Denon or Yamaha, hell maybe even Sony.

Last year my Logitech Z-5500's pod broke and was out of it's 3 year warranty, guess what Logitech did? They said sorry and sent me a brand new set. It was a year out of warranty, 4 years old and Logitech still replaced it for free with paid return shipping for the control pod.

What a slap in the face this is for the consumer.

Sistum Id

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:26 pm

Hi forum users,

We apologize for the inconvenience.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sistum Id Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:50 pm

Been on hold for almost 30 minutes. Recording keeps saying I can request a call back, just press *, but when I do, nothing happens.

TX SR707 No audio at power on Screen10

Pressing * like the recording is telling me.
TX SR707 No audio at power on Screen11

Sistum Id

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:22 pm

Hi Sistum,

We will look in to this. By the way what was your issue that you were having?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sistum Id Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:29 pm

No audio on my TX-SR707.
I hung up and tried the number and it worked, I left a call back number but 2 hours later no call back.

Sistum Id

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:11 pm

Hi Sistum,

Please PM me with your contact information and I will have someone contact you to discuss your issue. Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sistum Id Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:07 am

PM'd you my info, still no call back from either you or the voice-mail I left Monday.

Sistum Id

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:50 pm

Hi Sistum,

I don't know if you received this but this is what I PM'd you on Tue 20 Mar 2012 - 16:24

Please email with your full information as the information you sent was inadequate. We need your name, address, serial number from the back of the unit, the nature of the issue and the sales receipt if possible.
You may email that information to the following email address:

onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com

Thank you in advance for this information as we would like to get this resolved in a timely manner.

When you send the email or fax please reference ticket number "126613"
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sistum Id Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:01 pm

You're asking me to do what I did in the very beginning at this dubdubdub dot onkyousa dot com/feedback_form.cfm. All I got was an email back from onkyoadmin at us dot onkyo.com telling me call the number and press 4.

I finally got a hold of someone and he told me now I have to email my info to his email address and wait for a response of 3-4 days. This is getting better and better!!

Can't even post links.

Sistum Id

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:07 pm

Hi Sistum,

Glad you finally got a hold of someone at the proper number.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sistum Id Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:37 pm

Why couldn't that info just have been given in the first place? "Got this problem, email this guy with info"

Sistum Id

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:14 am

We apologize that the proper information was not given to you right away, but we are glad your issue is finally getting resolved. Thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next