Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Audyssey setup for the 5.1 Speakers using NR-616

2 posters

Go down

Audyssey setup for the 5.1 Speakers using NR-616 Empty Audyssey setup for the 5.1 Speakers using NR-616

Post  ravikant495 Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:52 pm

Hi,

I installed the Bose Satelite speakers 5.1 Model in my 15/15 Family living room and hooked up my new Onkyo NX-616 receiver. The speakers are installed on four corners of the sealing and my sofa is placed just 1.5 ft away from the back speakers wall. I mean the distance between the sofa and the back speakers is less than 2 ft.

While configuring the speaker setup through Audyssey, the system is detecting my back speakers are the side speakers since I do not have the additional right and left side speakers for the 7.2 channel setup. Will it produce the expected surround system or my speaker setup is wrong and my back speakers should detect as rear front and rear back instead of the side speakers? The Audyseey setup is really confusing and complicated and do you have any suggestions?

-Ravi

ravikant495

Back to top Go down

Audyssey setup for the 5.1 Speakers using NR-616 Empty Re: Audyssey setup for the 5.1 Speakers using NR-616

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:57 am

Hello Ravi;

When using a 5.1 speaker setup; your speakers should be connected in the following terminals:

- FRONT L + R
- CENTER
- SURR L + R

There should be NO connection in SURR BACK L + R speaker terminals, as that supports a 7.1 speaker layout. Please relocate your SURR BACK speaker connection to the SURR L + R speaker terminals and also go into the SETUP menu of the receiver and under SPEAKER SETUP> SP CONFIG: scroll down and select NONE for the following speaker channels:

- FRONT HIGH
- SURR BACK

You can now re-attempt Audyssey setup calibration again and it should commence successfully. If you have any more questions or issues, Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Friday 9am to 8pm EST/ Saturday- Sunday 10am to 4pm EST: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator

OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down