Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR509 ipod issue

5 posters

Go down

TX-NR509 ipod issue Empty TX-NR509 ipod issue

Post  Ciralal Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:09 am

Hi, I recently purchased a TX-NR509 receiver and I am having trouble when using the usb input with a 3rd Generation Ipod Nano. The Nano plays fine in standard mode however when I switch to extended mode the menu is displayed and I can scroll through but when I go to play a song the ipod disconnects and "No Storage" is displyed on the receiver. Then the ipod reconnects and I can see the menu again? Like I said in standard mode everything works fine. I updated the receiver to the latest software and also checked the ipod nano and it is running the latest software. Any help with this is appreciated. I will see if I can find another ipod to try.

Les

Ciralal

Back to top Go down

TX-NR509 ipod issue Empty Re: TX-NR509 ipod issue

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:49 am

Hi Les,
I have an associate working on this for you and will get back to you soon, thanks for your patience.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:21 pm

Hi Les,
You have the right idea with trying another iPod to see if it is the iPod or the receiver causing the issue. The next step I would like for you to take would be to perform a factory reset on your unit. Please read our blog post on the subject first to give you all the important information: http://onkyousacustomersupportblog.wordpress.com/2011/09/12/factory-reset/ Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ciralal Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:15 pm

I tried an Iphone 4 and it works, then I tried a factory reset and still have the same problem with the nano. Maybe the nano doesnt support this?

Ciralal

Back to top Go down

TX-NR509 ipod issue Empty Same issue: TX-NR509 ipod issue

Post  marcustremonti Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:51 am

I too am having an issue with my tx-nr509 reading my ipod. When i got the unit I plugged in my iPod Touch 4th gen. into the USB port and it read my iPod fine. I recently updated to the newest firmware Onkyo offers and after that update my unit now reads, "No Storage" when I plug in my iPod. I have done a factory reset but this still did not fix the problem. Is there a way to revert back to the older firmware version??

marcustremonti

Back to top Go down

Post  soviet Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:36 am

i was wondering the same thing, meaning if you could revert back to older firmware somehow. im thinking that the problem im having is maybe firmware related also

soviet

Back to top Go down

TX-NR509 ipod issue Empty Same issue: TX-NR509 ipod issue

Post  marcustremonti Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:09 pm

marcustremonti wrote:I too am having an issue with my tx-nr509 reading my ipod. When i got the unit I plugged in my iPod Touch 4th gen. into the USB port and it read my iPod fine. I recently updated to the newest firmware Onkyo offers and after that update my unit now reads, "No Storage" when I plug in my iPod. I have done a factory reset but this still did not fix the problem. Is there a way to revert back to the older firmware version??

*******Also tried an iPod Classic 160gb with the receiver as well as a Flash Drive with music on it and both are displayed as "No Storage."

marcustremonti

Back to top Go down

Post  melvinduck Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:43 pm

Same problem. My wife used to be able to connect her ipod touch to the front usb port and play music. But recently when she plugs in the ipod the reciever doesn't recognize it, same thing with her iphone. Display reads "No storage" and the usb icon keeps flashing. It seems to conincide with the last firmware update I downloaded but I can't confirm the timing 100%.

melvinduck

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down