Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

no audio from TX-NR-1007

3 posters

Go down

no audio from TX-NR-1007 Empty no audio from TX-NR-1007

Post  jturner Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:58 pm

I sent the following via the feedback form at http://www.us.onkyo.com/feedback_form.cfm?cat=Receiver, but I haven't received a response, so thought I'd try here...

basically, the receiver powers on and responds to both front panel and remote controls, but no longer sends audio to speakers

I've tried changing cables as well as unhooking power and all connections overnight and powering back on - no change

also tried resetting via VCR/DVR + ON/STANDBY - no change

thought it might be worth trying a firmware update, but both "Network" and "Firmware Update" options are greyed out under "Setup" -> "Hardware"

found many references to replacement of HDMI board in online forums such as http://www.avsforum.com

can someone please contact me and either suggest other things to try or help arrange an RMA authorization or repair?

thanks in advance,

-John Turner

jturner

Back to top Go down

no audio from TX-NR-1007 Empty Re: no audio from TX-NR-1007

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:05 pm

Please contact our Parts & Services Dept at the number listed below during normal business hours Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST ; or via email at parts@us.onkyo.com. They can be contacted at 201-785-2600, option # 4 for Parts & Services as they can further assist you regarding obtaining a one-time warranty and service agreement to have your receiver repaired. You will need to speak with the Parts & Services department to inquire about either having your receiver serviced since you are not under warranty. Please include the serial number of your unit and a written statement as well in your response. You will also need to submit a copy of your sales receipt via fax (201) 934-7823 or email: parts@us.onkyo.com. Please allow 3-5 business days for further processing of your service ticket and to contact the service center and await a response via phone or email. Please contact the department if you do not receive any information after 5 business days from submitting documentation.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

no audio from TX-NR-1007 Empty TX-NR1007 repairs only temporary

Post  rmiller Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:04 am

John,
Not to discourage you from pursuing your repair, but just wanted to advise you (and all other web surfers looking for answers) that you can expect the same problem to arise after getting the repair. I managed to get my tx-nr1007 repaired (despite no receipt, which is long gone after these many years, but was lucky enough that the dealer helped me out) only to find the audio drop-outs to start back again just a few weeks ago. I'm just counting the days now until the audio drops become more frequent which will then turn into a permanent condition. My dealer had to fight really hard with Onkyo to get the first fix done, so I don't think I'll even bother trying after this unit turns into a brick .... anyone need a boat anchor. Trouble is I see the new 2012 units are starting to get the same problem reports so now I'm looking for suggestions on a replacement 7.2 unit.

rmiller

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:41 pm

Note: are the NO KNOWN ISSUES with our 2012 prudct lines in regards to AUDIO; and the latest firmware update available have greatly improved the HDMI NO VIDEO issue. As previously stated with those afllicted with this issue affecting some lots of these model receivers- Please contact our Parts & Services Dept at the number listed below during normal business hours Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST ; or via email at parts@us.onkyo.com. They can be contacted at 201-785-2600, option # 4 for Parts & Services as they can further assist you regarding warranty and service issues. You will need to speak with the Parts & Services/ Warranty department for any servicing options or resolutions available for your issue.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down