Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR709 - vTuner can't display music info

5 posters

Go down

TX-NR709 - vTuner can't display music info Empty TX-NR709 - vTuner can't display music info

Post  emersonl Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:49 pm

The matter is that when I tune in to any vTuner station on my TX-NR709 A/V receiver, no info regarding to the song/artist are displayed neither onscreen display nor on receiver's itself display. All the other internet radio services display all info on both displays accurately.
I have updated the firmware in late december. So, I'd like to know the reason why vTuner can't display anything but the radio station name. What should I do to workaround that?
Thanks in advance!

Emerson L.

emersonl

Back to top Go down

TX-NR709 - vTuner can't display music info Empty Re: TX-NR709 - vTuner can't display music info

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:56 pm

Hi emersonl,

Try resetting your network and the receiver. To do the reset you need to turn the receiver on, then on the front panel of the receiver press and hold the "VCR/DVR" button while doing that press the "STANDBY/ON" button. You will see the word "Clear" in the display screen and the receiver will go into standby mode. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR AUDIO & VIDEO ASSIGNMENTS ON THE RECEIVER PLUS YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SPEAKER CONFIGURATIONS, SPEAKER DISTANCE AND ALL LEVEL CALIBRATION SETTINGS. YOU WILL ALSO LOSE ANY PROGRAMMED RADIO STATIONS IN MEMORY. Once the receiver goes into standby mode turn it back on and go thru the setup menu for all custom settings. Let me know how this works out for you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR709 - vTuner can't display music info Empty Artist Info on Radio

Post  kenneth.lawson Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:38 pm

Hi, I'm having the same issue with my TX-8050. Receiver shows the station name, but no track or artist info. I've reset the receiver with no results. Any other ideas? Firmware has been updated.

kenneth.lawson

Back to top Go down

TX-NR709 - vTuner can't display music info Empty Re: TX-NR709 - vTuner can't display music info

Post  Wally01 Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:14 am

Does anyone have this working? It seems like such a basic feature that works on other devices but not on the Onkyo's vTuner it seems.

Wally01

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:23 pm

Hi Wally01,

Do any of the other network functions work on your unit? Do you have this connected direct or are you going wireless? What is the IP address of the receiver?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wally01 Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:02 pm

OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi Wally01,

Do any of the other network functions work on your unit? Do you have this connected direct or are you going wireless? What is the IP address of the receiver?

The other network functions seem to work. I am connected directly to a router. vTuner works and plays music but when viewing the info on my TV the first line of four always shows 3 dashes (---) instead of what I believe is supposed to be the artist and song title. The next lines of text show the elapsed time, station name and station slogan. For example:

---
4:45
Sky.fm Smooth Jazz
SkyFM Smooth Jazz Radio Station

The stations logo also show, just no Artist or song title. I've tried other stations with the same results. Playing these station on other devices such as the Logitech Squeezeboxes always shows at least the artist and title which is the most important information.

Thanks for the quick reply. I hope this can be fixed.

Wally

Wally01

Back to top Go down

TX-NR709 - vTuner can't display music info Empty Same Problem on HT-RC270

Post  Dicklb Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:41 pm

I am experiencing the same behavior on an HT-RC270. vTuner does not display song information, just station name. Otherwise network music is fine.

Dicklb

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:19 pm

Unfortunately; this is the current configuration of the HT-RC 270. This option is present on our newer receivers, such as the replacing model HT-RC 370 and HT-RC 470 receivers. How long have you owned this unit? In regards to your issue- it would possibly be more effective to contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue, with you having access to your unit, as prompt as possible. Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Sunday 24 hours a day: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT).

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down