Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-SR607 Lost On Screen Display & loss of video from Component Connections

4 posters

Go down

TX-SR607 Lost On Screen Display & loss of video from Component Connections Empty TX-SR607 Lost On Screen Display & loss of video from Component Connections

Post  frlemke4 Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:39 pm

I have lost any sign of my on-screen display from my TX-SR607 & also video from my Wii & 2nd DVD player. The set-up menu is visually available only from the display on the front of the receiver. The Wii and DVD player are both connected with component cables and have never given me any troubles. I am getting the audio from the Wii but I am getting a "no input" screen on my tv.

My Tivo DVR and Blu-Ray Player are both connected to the receiver via HDMI and so far those two are still giving me video. I only have one output from the receiver to the TV which is by HDMI cable.

The only thing that I have done differently/or changed is that I tried to plug in a video camera to the Aux. port on the front of the unit to preview some photos and videos without success.

Any help will be appreciated! Thank you! Frank

frlemke4

Back to top Go down

TX-SR607 Lost On Screen Display & loss of video from Component Connections Empty Re: TX-SR607 Lost On Screen Display & loss of video from Component Connections

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:54 pm

Hi frlemke4,

Have you tried a factory reset of the receiver yet as this may resolve the issue. To do the reset you need to turn the receiver on, then on the front panel of the receiver press and hold the "VCR/DVR" button while doing that press the "STANDBY/ON" button. You will see the word "Clear" in the display screen and the receiver will go into standby mode. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR AUDIO & VIDEO ASSIGNMENTS ON THE RECEIVER PLUS YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SPEAKER CONFIGURATIONS, SPEAKER DISTANCE AND ALL LEVEL CALIBRATION SETTINGS. YOU WILL ALSO LOSE ANY PROGRAMMED RADIO STATIONS IN MEMORY. Once the receiver goes into standby mode turn it back on and go thru the setup menu for all custom settings.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-SR607 Lost On Screen Display & loss of video from Component Connections Empty TX-SR607 Lost On Screen Display & loss of video from Component Connections

Post  frlemke4 Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:57 pm

Wow! Thanks for the fast answer! I have not tried the reset but I will give it a try this evening. I will reply with the results. Again...appreciated.

frlemke4

Back to top Go down

TX-SR607 Lost On Screen Display & loss of video from Component Connections Empty Re: TX-SR607 Lost On Screen Display & loss of video from Component Connections

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:45 pm

Hi frlemke4,

Please let us know how this works out.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  devolutionist Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:34 am

frlemke4 - I'm having the same issue, please post if this fixed it for you. I really don't want to reprogram everything from top down if I don't have to.

devolutionist

Back to top Go down

Post  frlemke4 Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:40 am

Unfortunately - I am still having the problems.

Although the reset did solve the problem long enough to get some of the set-up completed again, when I went back to use the Audessey microphone set-up the on-screen display was lost again. I reset the system for a second time. I ran the Audessey set-up only after the reset. The following day I went back into the set-up menu to re-assign the inputs, etc... and the On-Screen display was gone again.

I bought this model a few days after my father-in-law bought his and he has experienced this problem once already too. I will have to see now if Onkyo is willing to step up and help out.

Good luck.

frlemke4

Back to top Go down

Post  jimzcatz Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:00 am

I have the same issue, have had it for 2 years. Needles to say the unit is out of warranty. Is there any possible fix. I have OSD, but cant use the component jacks at all.

jimzcatz

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:53 pm

Hi frlemke4,

If the reset did not resolve the issue then the unit will need to go in for service for further evaluation. Authorized service centers can be found on our website at www.onkyousa.com under support.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down