Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HT-R990 with no video out

2 posters

Go down

HT-R990 with no video out Empty HT-R990 with no video out

Post  labgpr Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:08 am

Hi:

I have a HT-R990 that came as part of HT-S9400THX. I have been using without problems for a almost a year. Yesterday all of the sudden, I'm no t having any video out of the Reciever. I tried with different HDMI cables and through the analog Monitor Out and I have no signal at all, no even the Blue Screen, my TV display No Signal. I still have the audio coming the source but no video, if I conect the source directly to my TV I have the video. I updated the firmware last night (1141-1600-0010-8106), but still got the same issue. I will appreciate any help, Thanks

labgpr

Back to top Go down

HT-R990 with no video out Empty Re: HT-R990 with no video out

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:05 pm

Have you tried unplugging the receiver for approx 3-5 minutes to do a SOFT RESET of the receiver's internal processor? You will NOT lose any setting doing so, but sometimes- unplugging the receiver for a moment should bring the video signal back to the TV.

If after trying this the unit still doesn't respond and cycle to full functionality- try doing a factory reset. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR AUDIO & VIDEO ASSIGNMENTS ON THE RECEIVER PLUS YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SPEAKER CONFIGURATIONS, SPEAKER DISTANCE AND ALL LEVEL CALIBRATION SETTINGS. YOU WILL ALSO LOSE ANY PROGRAMMED RADIO STATIONS IN MEMORY.

To do the reset you need to turn the receiver on, then on the front panel of the receiver press and hold the "VCR/DVR" button while doing that press the "STANDBY/ON" button. You will see the word "Clear" in the display screen and the receiver will go into standby mode. Once the receiver goes into standby mode turn it back on and go thru the setup menu for all custom settings.

If you are still experiencing the same issue(s), Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down