Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HT-R990 with Mitsubishi HD-73642 -- no video from inputs

Go down

HT-R990 with Mitsubishi HD-73642 -- no video from inputs Empty HT-R990 with Mitsubishi HD-73642 -- no video from inputs

Post  larryc23 Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:45 pm

I hooked up a Tivo Premiere, PS3, and XB360 via HDMI IN ports on the receiver (CBL/SAT, BD/DVD, and Game, respectively). I have HDMI from HDMI OUT on the receiver to HDMI1 on the TV.

When I turn on the TV, it saw that I had something connected to HDMI1. I turned on the receiver and selected CLB/SAT with the Tivo on. As the receiver powered on, the screen on the TV went from all blue to showing ONKYO bootup screen then went back to all blue. With the Tivo and PS3 on, neither of those (when selected by input preset) show any video... just a blue screen. If I power off the receiver and turn it back on, I once again see the TV go from all blue to ONKYO startup and the all blue again.

It obviously is getting signal from the receiver (as I see the Onkyo bootup screen) but isn't displaying anything from the inputs. The TV ends up thinking it has no signal and powers off after a little while.

I checked the default assignments via the front-panel setup on the receiver but they all appear right.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated!!

larryc23

Back to top Go down