Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No sound, older unit, TX-DS575

2 posters

Go down

No sound, older unit, TX-DS575 Empty No sound, older unit, TX-DS575

Post  jhald Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:18 pm

The no sound problem started about 5 years ago as intermittent. I now cannot get any sound no matter what I do. For a couple years I could get sound to switch on by cycling through the various sound options. This unit has been in storage for 2 years, now out, I would like to get it working again.
So, I have seen here and elsewhere how it appears many Onkyo units have this same problem, even up to current models. My question is, is mine landfill, or is there a way I can fix it?
I don't see any reference to my model number in this forum but I am assuming it is because the forum content does not go back too far in time. If this has been an ongoing issue I would think that Onkyo should have a known solution. How can I get this solution, parts, etc?
Model TX-DS575
Ser# 5961076934

jhald

Back to top Go down

No sound, older unit, TX-DS575 Empty Re: No sound, older unit, TX-DS575

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:23 pm

In regards to your issue- it would possibly be more effective to contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue, with you having access to your unit, as prompt as possible. We would like to speak with you and provide a thorough answer to your inquiry and assist you with any further questions you may have. You can reach Product Support at 800-229-1687 they are here Mon. to Fri. from 9am to 8pm and Sat. and Sun. from 10am to 4pm eastern std. time.

Thanks,

Forum Modarator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

No sound, older unit, TX-DS575 Empty thanks

Post  jhald Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:08 pm

Thanks, I will contact them. [list=1][*]

jhald

Back to top Go down

No sound, older unit, TX-DS575 Empty No Cure

Post  jhald Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:57 pm

Well, called support, no help there. All the tech said he could do is have me "re set" which I did and no change. . . as he said, it's an older unit!
Only option he left me with was having someone physically look at it and trouble shoot it, but this is probably not an option as open ended troubleshooting can get costly without knowing part costs.
So, looks like I have a new addition to the local land-fill!
Unless any other ideas show up here.

jhald

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:59 pm

Please respond to the PM message so I can further assist you with this issue. Please follow the information provided in the PM to work to possibly resolve your issue.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down