Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR616 Firmware Initial Update

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR616 Firmware Initial Update Empty TX-NR616 Firmware Initial Update

Post  golf_fan Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:34 pm

I've tried updating the firmware on two separate 616's (already returned one of them), but each time, the files aren't readable by the receiver. I have an iMac & the Mac's automatically unzip the files from the support page & product page. I've loaded the files onto a (verbatim clip-it 4gb) zip drive & plug it into my 616. I've followed the instructions from the youtube video & the yellow notice sheet that's in my receiver box. The receiver recognizes my UBS drive & the folders, but not the files (.of1, .of2, etc.). I receive the same message "no items". I've also tried a force update, but I also receive an error message, "DL error 0-14".

Can anyone help?

I'm not going to try a third Onkyo, if this fails, I'll have to go to another receiver.

Thx

golf_fan

Back to top Go down

TX-NR616 Firmware Initial Update Empty Re: TX-NR616 Firmware Initial Update

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:30 pm

In regards to your issue- it would possibly be more effective to contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue, with you having access to your unit, as prompt as possible. Please view our website for hours of operation for the Product Support department to further assist you and work to resolve this issue.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  golf_fan Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:08 am

Thank you for your reply. But after calling three times and waiting a week, I figured out how to update the firmware on my own. The customer support person tell me that even w/ a firmware update of 1120 that the unit was up to date even though your site and paperwork indicated that the 1130 update was current. He didn't understand my questions at all. The update over the zip drive never worked from my iMac to the receiver. However, once I set up my airport express and my iMac settings properly, the receiver was connected to the net & automatically updated the firmware.

golf_fan

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:56 pm

We are in the process of developing a youTube tutorial as you are not the only consumer having this issue. I apologize for the inability to have your question resolved thru your initial phone call. I will update the representatives to better assist future customers experiencing this issue with Mac users and downloading the firmware updates to a USB flash drive promptly. Thank you again for your feedback.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down