Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR616 Audio via HDMI cuts out every minute or so on one device

3 posters

Go down

TX-NR616 Audio via HDMI cuts out every minute or so on one device Empty TX-NR616 Audio via HDMI cuts out every minute or so on one device

Post  Jason Stix Buckley Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:06 pm

I have tried to filter through all the problems listed on the internet, but a lot get too technical for me to understand.

I recently purchased the TX-NR616. I upgraded all firmware when I got it. It seems like it works fine (audio from cable via DVR and Xbox 360 works fine ... all HDMI).

Tonight I tried to play a Blu-Ray movie, and every minute or so the audio cuts out when playing. From the front display, it looks like the HDMI goes out and back on as it flickers when the audio cuts out and "resets" so to speak. Video never goes out.

This is a Samsung Blu-Ray player, and direct to TV or my older sound system there isn't any problems.

It appears my unit suffers from some of the problems people are listing. Is there a way to fix or should I be contacting customer service to send in for repair? I purchased through Amazon.com and received it Aug. 24th. Thanks.

Jason Stix Buckley

Back to top Go down

TX-NR616 Audio via HDMI cuts out every minute or so on one device Empty Re: TX-NR616 Audio via HDMI cuts out every minute or so on one device

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:38 pm

Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

You can reach Product Support at 800-229-1687, they are here from 9am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 10am to 4pm Sat. and Sun., eastern std. time.

Thanks,

Forum Modarator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR616 Audio via HDMI cuts out every minute or so on one device Empty Re: TX-NR616 Audio via HDMI cuts out every minute or so on one device

Post  doryphore Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:48 pm

Hello

I've got the same problem

Cordially

doryphore

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Stix Buckley Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:30 pm

Prior to calling customer service, I am checking various Blu-Ray discs. I just played a 7.1 audio one and it didn't cut out (the other was 5.1). Going to at least get my ducks in a row before I call.

Jason Stix Buckley

Back to top Go down

Post  doryphore Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:37 pm

Ok

If you can analyze the causes that would be nice to be able to avoid this problem

Yesterday I had to stop my film because of these small cuts on the Bluray "Prince of Persia" (5.1)

cordially

doryphore

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:48 pm

We will need to further assist you to see what audio settings are currently enabled from the source device (BD player) that could be the cause of this audio drop-out. Please contact our Product Support department Monday- Friday 9am- 8pm EST and Sat/ Sun from 10am- 4pm at (800) 229-1687.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down