Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HDMI sound output from TX-NR818

3 posters

Go down

HDMI sound output from TX-NR818 Empty HDMI sound output from TX-NR818

Post  brightonjohn Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:56 pm

I have the above mentioned AV unit. I want to drive two TVs from the two HDMI outputs. One of these is in another room and I want it to collect its sound from the HDMI feed.
If I select both monitors and sound through it all works fine except for this problem - in the main room all the ONKYO will allow is the TV Speaker display (on its own display) and stereo sound only. I'm blowed if I can see how to get the main room to enjoy surround sound while the remote TV gets its sound down the HDMI feed.
Any one know please?

brightonjohn

Back to top Go down

HDMI sound output from TX-NR818 Empty Re: HDMI sound output from TX-NR818

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:33 pm

In regards to your issue- it would possibly be more effective to contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue, with you having access to your unit, as prompt as possible. Please view our website for hours of operation for the Product Support department to further assist you and work to resolve this issue.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  brightonjohn Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:54 pm

I suspect that I need a UK number to sort this out!

brightonjohn

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:55 pm

You will first need to go into the SETUP menu of the receiver and under the submenu of HARDWARE SETUP> HDMI; scroll down to AUDIO TV OUT and select to turn this option ON. Exit out of the menu and now the audio feed will also be broadcasted to the TVs along with the video feed. You may possibly notice a slight delay between the two monitors as this is based on the TV's internal processor and not indignative of the receiver. Now audio will stream through both TVs- you can test the functionality by muting each TV separately. You will also notice the receiver's display showing TV SPEAKERS- but if you simply adjust the volume on the receiver; you will also have audio broadcasted from the receiver as well as the TVs.

If you need any further assistance; please contact us via phone, email (onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com), or via our Onkyo Forum at https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com/f1-welcome-to-the-onkyo-forum.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  brightonjohn Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:06 am

Thanks for taking the time to privide me with this information. Do you happen to know if, when I do this set up, whether DOLBY D, etc. are still processed correctly by the receiver. It was my impression when I tested various sources that they all sounded the same, namely stereo, and that I could no longer select any of the sound programmes at all?

brightonjohn

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:57 pm

Since DOLBY Digital audio format is processed differently than using the DIRECT listening mode; you can notice a slight delay and variation in the audio processing. You will noticed a more synced audio playback using DIRECT over DOLBY/ DTS/ NEO:6 settings. If you have any more questions or concerns , Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDMI sound output from TX-NR818 Empty Volume issues

Post  thedukeofsf Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:42 pm

Hi there. I have a TX-NR818 receiver using high quality hmdi cables that run from the receiver to the tv (Sharp Aquos 65" flat screen) and from our comcast hddvr into the receiver. In terms of speakers, we have a 5-speaker surround sound setup by AV123. We recently upgraded to the TX-NR818 from an older onkyo receiver (don't remember the model). With our old receiver, we could watch cable at a volume point of around 30-40. Movies watched through our PS3 didn't need to go higher than 30. With the new receiver, we are watching cable tv at a volume point of 60-70. Watching movies/blue-ray on PS3 need to be turned up to 80 sometimes.

Is this normal? Or are there some settings that we missed when setting up the receiver?

thedukeofsf

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:46 pm

I have a few questions for you. (1) Have you already done a firmware update on this receiver and have you also done Audyssey auto-speaker channel output level calibration on this receiver? Have you review the current settings of your speaker channel output levels in the SETUP menu of the receiver under the sub-menus SPEAKER SETUP> LEVEL CALIBRATION? What are the current speaker channel decibel levels displayed? Have you also adjusted the INTELLIVOLUME settings of the receiver under the SETUP menu SOURCE SETUP> INTELLIVOLUME? Have you adjusted INTELLIVOLUME to the maximum output level for your inputs you are noticing these issues?

In regards to your issue- it would possibly be more effective to contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue, with you having access to your unit, as prompt as possible. Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Friday 9am to 8pm EST/ Saturday- Sunday 10am to 4pm EST: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down