Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ht-R590 Speaker problem

2 posters

Go down

Ht-R590 Speaker problem Empty Ht-R590 Speaker problem

Post  dgraves Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:39 pm

I purchased the Onkyo Ht-S5400 that has the HT-R590 receiver. I have had this installed about 2 months now and all was working just fine. Now it seems the "Left" front speaker does not work when I have the receiver come on. After checking and testing a few things it seems the speaker is working just fine, so no problem with the speaker itself. What I found out is if I turn the receiver off and back on then only does the left front speaker start working like it should. It does not matter what I have things set too, this is the pattern it does. If the unit is off more than 5 minutes the left speaker will not work unless I turn the unit off and on right away. Any fix for this problem?

dgraves

Back to top Go down

Ht-R590 Speaker problem Empty Re: Ht-R590 Speaker problem

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:31 pm

Have you checked the LEVEL CALIBRATION of the connected speakers and tried swapping the FRONT R and L speakers and wirings into the opposite speaker terminal to further determine if the speaker channel is registered in a low volume or will need to further evaluated at an authorized Onkyo service center?

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down