Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remote App not seeing receiver

2 posters

Go down

Remote App not seeing receiver Empty Remote App not seeing receiver

Post  dsuder Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:10 pm

Neither my Iphone nor my Kindle Fire can find my TX-NR717 any longer. Both were connecting fine previously. I believe that this change occurred after the latest firmware update, but not 100% sure.

I can ping the recceiver from a PC on the network, so it is connected. I rebooted my router just to be sure, still no connectivity from either platform's app.

Any suggestions? is there a way to "reboot" the receiver so maybe it becomes visible to the app??

dsuder

Back to top Go down

Remote App not seeing receiver Empty Re: Remote App not seeing receiver

Post  OnkyoUSA Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:58 pm

Hi dsuder,

There is a way to reset the receiver but before you do that may I have the IP address your router is giving the receiver? To find this please press setup button then go to hardware setup then network and IP address should be in here.

To do the reset of the receiver, To do the reset you need to turn the receiver on, then on the front panel of the receiver press and hold the "CBL/SAT" button while doing that press the "STANDBY/ON" button. You will see the word "Clear" in the display screen and the receiver will go into standby mode. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR AUDIO & VIDEO ASSIGNMENTS ON THE RECEIVER PLUS YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SPEAKER CONFIGURATIONS, SPEAKER DISTANCE AND ALL LEVEL CALIBRATION SETTINGS. YOU WILL ALSO LOSE ANY PROGRAMMED RADIO STATIONS IN MEMORY. Once the receiver goes into standby mode turn it back on and go thru the setup menu for all custom settings.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dsuder Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:23 am

The Ip address is set to 192.168.0.6 (I can successfully ping this address from a cmputer on the same wired LAN, and also from an Iphone on the wireless side of the LAN)
what is odd is that both iOs devices and Androind devices had no problem previously - I still suspect the new firmware that was recently downloaded.
I assume there is no way to "save" to USB the settings before reboot?

Thank you

dsuder

Back to top Go down

Remote App not seeing receiver Empty response

Post  dsuder Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:10 pm

was wondering if you guys monitir this?? I posted a few days ago, awainting a response. Thanks Onkyo.

dsuder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down