Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR509 power control with android app

5 posters

Go down

TX-NR509 power control with android app Empty TX-NR509 power control with android app

Post  doug12 Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:10 pm

Hi support, i am looking for a way to turn on the receiver using the android app.

the unit is connected to my network and all works fine i control volume with the android app, can stream pandora etc. but when the unit is in standby mode the app does not recognize the unit on the network, until the unit is manually powered on. would like to be able to power on the unit with the android app.

thanks for your help.

doug12

Back to top Go down

TX-NR509 power control with android app Empty Re: TX-NR509 power control with android app

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:46 pm

Hi doug12,

Unfortunately this can not be done.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR509 power control with android app Empty Re: TX-NR509 power control with android app

Post  doug12 Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:19 pm

Hi Support,
thank you for the reply.

please pass this request to the firmware support staff, perhaps this function could be added via a firmware update.

thanks for your support.

doug12

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:36 pm

Hi doug12,

It has been passed on to our engineering department. Thank you for the suggestion.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  superflybribri Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:48 pm

Is there any update upon the availability of this feature in the future?

superflybribri

Back to top Go down

TX-NR509 power control with android app Empty Support does not know what they are talking about

Post  radicall@yahoo.com Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:13 pm

Okay I used to be able to remotely power on my Onkyo TX-NR509 using the android phone app, and then it stopped working. I didn't give it enough time and attention to figure out why it stopped working all of a sudden.

I had run a firmware update that turned off a setting. Manually power on the receiver, Go to your On Screen setup Menu-Network->Network Control->Enable

Now you should be able to power ON your receiver from the remote app Smile. It is so much nicer to be able to power on the receiver from my bedroom in the morning.

radicall@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:16 pm

Thank you for the feedback and tip on this issue. If you have any more questions or concerns , Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Friday 9am to 8pm EST/ Saturday- Sunday 10am to 4pm EST: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

TX-NR509 power control with android app Empty Android remote app tuen on receiver...

Post  FlyByNgt Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:21 pm

Hi, Love the android app for Onkyo. You have to leave your receiver in the Network Standby mode. Once you change this setting on your receiver you will be able to turn on your receiver on and off from the app and enjoy all the functions. Very Happy

Hope this helps.

Ciao, FlyByNgt
FlyByNgt
FlyByNgt

Back to top Go down

Post  doug12 Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:45 pm

the network standby mode worked

thank you for the solution.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

doug12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down