Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HT-R590 receiver

Go down

HT-R590 receiver Empty HT-R590 receiver

Post  wolfemane Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:37 pm

I just recently purchased the HT-S5400. Included with this package was the HT-R590 reciver. I currently have my PC running HDMI to the reciever and then running HDMI from the receiver to my Panisonic tv. I'm using hte HDMI connection to output audio as well as video, and have no sound card in my pc. I'm doing straight 7.1 PCM to the receiver.

My first problem is this. It seems as if the receiver is on standby until it picks up an audio source, then it turns on. Its about a 3-5 second delay. Once its on and audio continues its fine. as soon as there's no audio it goes back to standby. How do I keep this from happening? Is there anyway to keep the receiver out of this standby mode?
What I see on the receiver when its ON but no no audio is coming from the PC: GAME and Volume
What I see on the receiver when its ON and audio is coming from my PC: HDMI (above Game) PCM (up and to the right of HDMI), GAME, and the volume.
As soon as audio stops, there's a clicking sound and HDMI and PCM disappears.

My second problem is this. When I turn my tv off, my receiver shuts down as well. Since I have my computer running directly to the receiver, my computer sees it as an audio device and loads necessary drivers. When the receiver turns off, the computer stops seeing the device and disables all audio. When I turn the receiver back on the computer doesn't always see the device and I am forced to reboot. The receiver is also MUTED, which isn' a big deal, just annoying. How can prevent the receiver from shutting off when I turn my tv off?
I'm currently running windows 7 64bit with all current updates.

wolfemane

Back to top Go down