Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Connecting TV to HT-R590 Receiver without a cable box

2 posters

Go down

Connecting TV to HT-R590 Receiver without a cable box Empty Connecting TV to HT-R590 Receiver without a cable box

Post  kablammo1980 Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:46 pm

Hello.
Been racking my brain trying to figure out the solution to this problem. We don't have cable or satellite television (gave it up). But our Samsung tv (LN-T4661F) does have the digital antenna built into it so we can at least watch the regular broadcast channels. However, I cannot figure out the correct connection configuration to connect the two so the TV's sound comes out of the receiver.

The TV has 3 HDMI inputs (no HDMI outputs), and the standard component (red, blue, green) and RCA (red, yellow, white) input/output jacks. As I have things now, the red & white RCA sound jacks are connected to the OUT on the TV and to the IN of the receiver. Then, i have red, yellow, white RCA jacks going OUT of the receiver back IN to the TV. Is this not correct? Also, i have the cable coming directly from the wall and screwed into the "ANT 1 IN (AIR)." Should it instead be connected to the other one labeled "ANT 2 IN (CABLE)?"

What "source" does the TV need to be set to? What "source" does the receiver need to be selected to? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance!

kablammo1980

Back to top Go down

Connecting TV to HT-R590 Receiver without a cable box Empty Re: Connecting TV to HT-R590 Receiver without a cable box

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:07 pm

If you are using RCA's (red and white) connections you would go from the TV's audio out to any of the audio inputs on the back of the receiver. Once you decided which input you will use you will want to go into the setup menu of the receiver. You would go to #3 digital audio and set that source where you made the connection to, to all dashes this way the receiver knows the incoming signal is analog. If this does not work I would suggest that you contact our Product Support Team at 800-229-1687 so they can troubleshoot with you. Product Support is available from Monday to Friday from 9am to 8pm and also on Sat. and Sun. from 10am to 4pm eastern std. time.

Thanks,

Forum Modarator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down