Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HT-S5400 Receiver out again! horrible customer service

2 posters

Go down

HT-S5400 Receiver out again! horrible customer service Empty HT-S5400 Receiver out again! horrible customer service

Post  scarlett22 Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:48 pm

I heard Onkyo was a good brand, like Bose but not as expensive. Well this will probably be my last Onkyo ever. Out of the three months I have had this surround system hooked up, 2 of the months it has been in one of Onkyo's repair shops. With the first time, it just stopped working in the middle of a movie (it was VERY hot and I have plenty of ventilation around it), paid to mail it to NJ. They said it was the ICU chip? After about 2 weeks having it hooked up and working again, it did the same thing. So I finally get Onkyo to send me a label and they have it sent to United Radio in NY. Of course they have no record of the previous fix. Oh, Onkyo sent an UPS label, UPS damaged the receiver. Onkyo said UPS denied the damage claim (we packed it in the same box, triple bubble wrap in the same box that came back from NJ). I call UPS, they have no record of a damage claim. Onkyo finally agrees to pay for the physical damage that they say occurred. They said there was no internal damage. They have no clue what may have happened internally because it doesnt work!
United Radio also lost the receipt in the mist of deciding whether the packing was intact. So that was another delay. United Radio has had this receiver now for over a month.

Why isnt Onkyo sending me a new receiver rather than fixing this damaged receiver? Shouldnt have Onkyo covered the amount with insurance from UPS? UPS also said that Onkyo never gave them an amount to be covered. Felicia in parts/labor at Onkyo has not returned my call as to why I am not getting a new receiver.
Fed up with the run around from Onkyo.........

scarlett22

Back to top Go down

HT-S5400 Receiver out again! horrible customer service Empty Re: HT-S5400 Receiver out again! horrible customer service

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:17 pm

Hi scarlett22,

Please PM me with the serial number and your name so that I may investigate this for you.

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

HT-S5400 Receiver out again! horrible customer service Empty Re: HT-S5400 Receiver out again! horrible customer service

Post  scarlett22 Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:07 pm

I will send you a PM tomorrow. I do not have the serial number with me now. I did speak with another Onkyo rep yesterday which kept telling me the protocol is that the receiver needs to be fixed twice before i would be eligible for a new one. This situation is a bit different in that UPS damaged it on top of the original broken receiver. He didnt seem to understand this and I ended up leaving another voice mail with another supervisor who does not return calls.

Thank you,
Scarlett

scarlett22

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:40 pm

Hi scarlett22,

Once I have the information I've requested I should be able to look into this for you.

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

HT-S5400 Receiver out again! horrible customer service Empty Emailed you Serial Number last Friday

Post  scarlett22 Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:19 pm

I emailed you the information Friday evening.
Let me know if you received it.
Thank you!

scarlett22

Back to top Go down

HT-S5400 Receiver out again! horrible customer service Empty Expected this runaround answer

Post  scarlett22 Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:21 pm

As per your email:
"Hi Robert,

Unfortunately you will need to contact our parts and service department on this as they are the ones that handle these types of issues. They can be reached at 201-785-2600 option #4 or you can email them at parts_us.onkyo.com

Thank you,
Forum Moderator."

I understand this and I expected this answer. This is what I mean about getting the runaround.
These are the people are am speaking of that do NOT return calls when you are transferred to a supervisor to leave a voice mail when they do not pick up. In Option #4, these people follow the 'protocol' they have been told and never the exception. I know the protocol. Has to be fixed twice first. They dont know how to take in account that UPS damaged the receiver that was insured by Onkyo!
Why cant this be escalated up to someone of authority on these issues? I included all information needed in my email and explained my issues on this forum.
Thanks for your help. Maybe this company is another Circuit City in the making.
Buyer beware.

scarlett22

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:35 pm

Hi Robert,

We are currently investigating your particular issue and we hope to have an answer soon.

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

HT-S5400 Receiver out again! horrible customer service Empty Update

Post  scarlett22 Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:53 am

I am not sure why, but the moderator asked me to send an email to a different contact on the 16th. I did but I am not expecting anything.
I will say that Ms. Wooten brushed me off in a previous email with a two sentence comment that took her 2 weeks to get back with me and no return phone calls.

scarlett22

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:20 pm

We are further investigating this issue and will contact you promptly while we research more thoroughly. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your patience and cooperation reagrding this issue.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

HT-S5400 Receiver out again! horrible customer service Empty UPDATE

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:53 pm

Upon further investigation; we researched and it was discovered the unit was repaired by the service center (UNITED RADIO); shipped out and received last Friday (August 17). The Parts & Services Manager contacted the service center and they stated the unit was repaired and shipped out early last week. The unit was shipped via FedEx; please provide the information regarding the damage claim promptly.

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down