Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR509 firmware update stuck at "ARM Writing"

4 posters

Go down

TX-NR509 firmware update stuck at "ARM Writing" Empty TX-NR509 firmware update stuck at "ARM Writing"

Post  johncarpenter281 Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:39 pm

I determined that my TX-NR509 firmware was out of date. I downloaded the most recent firmware update file, extracted to a USB drive, and followed the directions to install the firmware via USB. The unit recognized the USB drive and correctly displayed the name of the drive. I then went to Firmware Update, selected USB, and hit Enter. The front panel displayed "Downloading..." for a few seconds, then switched to "ARM Writing". It has been in this state for well over an hour at this point. (I tried using the Net version of the firmware update, it did the same thing - displayed ARM Writing and never changed even when left all night.) Is there some step I am missing?

Last edited by johncarpenter281 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added model number to title)

johncarpenter281

Back to top Go down

TX-NR509 firmware update stuck at "ARM Writing" Empty talked to customer service

Post  johncarpenter281 Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:32 pm

I discussed this with customer service. They told me to go through the standard "unplug for 30 minutes, hard reset, try again" answer. They told me that if this did not work, that the unit would have to be taken to an authorized service center for repair.
I tried the above "solution", it did not work.

johncarpenter281

Back to top Go down

TX-NR509 firmware update stuck at "ARM Writing" Empty Re: TX-NR509 firmware update stuck at "ARM Writing"

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:00 pm

Hi johncarpenter281,

Then the unit must go to a service center or if you are within your dealers return period you may exchange it.

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR509 firmware update stuck at "ARM Writing" Empty ARM writing

Post  piliki13 Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:26 pm

TX NR509 stuck with ARM Writing and just wondering how do we do a hard reset?

piliki13

Back to top Go down

TX-NR509 firmware update stuck at "ARM Writing" Empty Re: TX-NR509 firmware update stuck at "ARM Writing"

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:37 pm

Please power down the receiver and unplug the unit from the power supply. After 2 minutes; reconnect the receiver and re-attempt the firmware update onto the receiver. If the SOFT reset doesn't work, the instructions for doing a FACTORY reset is found on the first page of TROUBLESHOOTING portion of the manual.

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  crdray77085 Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:38 pm

Mr or Mrs Forum Moderator,
Can we get info, on as to why the update stuck ? This may help others if there is a solution and or prevent others from having the same issue.
I need to update my 809 and I know it is behind by at least two firmware updates, but I'm almost afraid to end up with a Bricked Unit !!!
Thanks i

crdray77085

Back to top Go down

Post  crdray77085 Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:53 pm

Are we going to get an answer on how and what can cause the firmware issue that OP has ?

crdray77085

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:04 pm

How are you conducting the F/W update- via ethernet or USB flash drive? Usually this can be caused by an error while uploading the F/W onto the receiver- if you do a SOFT reset (unplug the receiver for approx 3-5 minutes while removing the ethernet cable/ USB flash drive) and when the receiver is repowered and the NOW INITIALIZING message to disappear BEFORE reconnecting the ethernet cable/ USB flash drive and then re-attempt the F/W update. This should resolve the issue and successfully update the F/W version.

If you are still experiencing the same issue(s), Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  crdray77085 Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:45 pm

Ok,
So what if have missed 2 or 3 of the previous Firmware Updates, would it be ok to do the latest update anyway or will this cause issues ?

crdray77085

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:35 pm

The latest firmware will also include the previous firmware versions, as mentioned on the FIRMWARE UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS file found on our Onkyo website under SUPPORT> DOWNLOADS> FIRMWARE UPDATE. If you have any more questions or concerns , Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down