Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NR1007 Failed 2 weeks after warranty expired

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

NR1007 Failed 2 weeks after warranty expired Empty NR1007 Failed 2 weeks after warranty expired

Post  craigjs Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:22 pm

My TX NR-1007 failed 2 weeks after the 2 year warranty expired. I sent a note to support to see if they would still honor the warranty, seeing how so many Onkyo users are having the very same problem, obviously a major defect. I received no reply from Onkyo, so i guess that don't want to keep cusotmers. I was very happy with my unit until the sound failed. I tried the reset method, and a couple of times the sound came back, only to fail again, and finally I can't receive sound from any source. Video is fine. The cables work fine with directly connected to the TV, which gets sound and picture.
I am very unhappy with Onkyo. For a product to fail 2 weeks after warranty appears very suspect, although I will not get me to buy a new Onkyo product.

craigjs

Back to top Go down

NR1007 Failed 2 weeks after warranty expired Empty Re: NR1007 Failed 2 weeks after warranty expired

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:09 pm

Hi craigjs,

If you are in the USA please contact our parts and service department at 201-785-2600 option #4 to see what they can do for you.

Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

NR1007 Failed 2 weeks after warranty expired Empty Support ?

Post  craigjs Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:22 pm

I called the support line and was put on hold. I had the option to leave a callback number, which I did.
FOUR HOURS later I've still not received a call back. Is this normal?
I'm very disappointed in Onkyo quality and support.
My previous contact via your website was ignored entirely, I received no email reply - and i'ts been 1.5 weeks now.

craigjs

Back to top Go down

NR1007 Failed 2 weeks after warranty expired Empty Re: NR1007 Failed 2 weeks after warranty expired

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:27 pm

Hi craigjs,

Please PM me your name and email address and I'll see what I can do.

Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

NR1007 Failed 2 weeks after warranty expired Empty Your forum will not allow me to reply

Post  craigjs Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:33 pm

"new members are not allowed to post PM's their first seven days"
I have not reached my seven days.
please provide me an alternate way to contact you?

craigjs

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:56 pm

Hi craigjs,

You may send it to our email address at onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com

Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

NR1007 Failed 2 weeks after warranty expired Empty Reply

Post  craigjs Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:04 pm

Thank you, I've sent an email to the support address you provided.
we'll see how that goes.

At least the forum admins are responsive, and that's one good thing.

craigjs

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:13 pm

Hi craigjs,

What is the email address you used?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

NR1007 Failed 2 weeks after warranty expired Empty What email address

Post  craigjs Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:49 pm

New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum administrator for more information.

it's the same email that i'm registered with.

craigjs

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:15 am

Hi craigjs,

Thank you, I will be on the lookout for it.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  craigjs Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:49 am

I sent the email yesterday. It should be there by now

craigjs

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:36 pm

Hi craigjs,

I've responded with the information our parts and service department will need.

Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

NR1007 Failed 2 weeks after warranty expired Empty I've been a member of the Onkyo USA website --

Post  JNagarya Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:00 pm

for years. Yet I get the same as the following --

craigjs wrote:"new members are not allowed to post PM's their first seven days"

whenever I attempt to post a complaint. And even though not as a "PM".

Onkyo USA does not address complaints of defects. Instead, your complaints are ignored (and if posted publicly deleted) or your are told to call a number that doesnt work.

It is intended that such will force you to give up and go away.

please provide me an alternate way to contact you?

There isn't any. You can contact Onkyo USA by email and be ignored; you can call the phone number that doesn't work; or you can follow their instruction to ship the unit -- at your non-refundable expense -- to the closest authorized Onkyo USA repair "service". At best, if you hae an authorized repair local to you, you can call them and describe the problem; but don't be surprised if they haven't heard of it, and invent speculations in order to avoid the issue.

All of which are intended, as said, to force you to give up and go away.

JNagarya

Back to top Go down

NR1007 Failed 2 weeks after warranty expired Empty I've been a member of the Onkyo USA website --

Post  craigjs Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:08 pm

Thanks, I've been hearing that same thing a lot, and have been ignored by everyone but the Admins on this public website.
I'll keep trying, but based on all I've heard on the internet and here, I won't spend any of my money trying to fix this issue.

craigjs

Back to top Go down

NR1007 Failed 2 weeks after warranty expired Empty still no response from suppport

Post  craigjs Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:46 pm

I sent the requested info in yesterday morning, but still no acknowledgement or response from support.
Onkyo is living up to its reputation.

craigjs

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:16 am

Hi craigjs,

If you've sent your information to our parts departement please allow 7 to 10 business days for a response.

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  craigjs Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:32 pm

Really? 7-10 days to send an email saying we received your request and analyzing it now? that should take 5 minutes.
I am anticipating waiting 7-10 days for no reply, and then hearing the never received the email i sent "REPLYING" to their email.
At some point i'll hear my unit has been out of warranty too long, due to the amazing stall and ignore tactics of ONKYO "Support".

craigjs

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:44 am

Hi craigjs,

I apologize for the inconvenience but that is the policy.

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

NR1007 Failed 2 weeks after warranty expired Empty Re: NR1007 Failed 2 weeks after warranty expired and no reply yet

Post  craigjs Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:09 pm

I sent the info on July 20 - it's now Aug 8 and absolutely not one word back from support.
Onkyo is disgusting, they will never get my business again, nor anyone I can talk to about them.

craigjs

Back to top Go down

NR1007 Failed 2 weeks after warranty expired Empty 7 to days to contact me then nothing

Post  craigjs Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:10 pm

The 7 to 10 business days to contact me is now expired. No one contacted me.
Onkyo produce poor quality, then stall, ignore, delay when customers call you for support.
In the spirit of the Samurai, it's time for your executives to consider Seppuku as the only honorable course left to them.

craigjs

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:15 pm

I will be following up with this issue with the Parts and Service department promptly.

Thank you again for your patience and cooperation;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

NR1007 Failed 2 weeks after warranty expired Empty One month of trying to get any kind of response from Onkyo support - never buy onkyo

Post  craigjs Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:50 pm

and still no one contacted me. This began over a month ago with online support, phone support and in desperation this forum. And yet nothing works. Onkyo is so ashamed of their products they won't even help out a customer.

craigjs

Back to top Go down

NR1007 Failed 2 weeks after warranty expired Empty Another week passes and still no contact from Onkyo

Post  craigjs Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:29 pm

So, stall, ignore, hope the customer goes away seems to be Onkyo's service policy. The ONLY replies i get come from the Forum moderators, who try really hard. Unfortunately the Onkyo support group doesn't try at all, if it even exists. I guess my $1,000 Onkyo will become a doorstop after only 2 years and 2 weeks of operation - what a fine product. It does stop doors really well though.

Giving up on Onkyo forever, I bought a Marantz, based on their SERVICE RECORD, and lack of complaints, compared to ONKYO. It also is a better AV receiver than my Onkyo NR 1007, so I'm quite pleased. I'm not happy about blowing $1,000 on my short lived Onkyo, but now I have a better receiver, and a new door stop.

I'm signing off this board forever - not because Onkyo ever satisfied me (they haven't even replied or contacted me), but because I now believe all the other Onkyo customers when they say they will never contact me. If by chance I hear from Onkyo, and they do something to help me, I will return and post to this board - otherwise, you can assume that Onkyo never even tried to help me.

craigjs

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:36 pm

I am going to forward this posting to the appropriate representatives/ supervisors to follow up and determine why you were not promptly serviced. We apologize that we weren't able to resolve this in a more timely manner and wish we can still assist you with this issue. If you can send all correspondence regarding this issue to onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com; I can have this researched more thoroughly and respond back promptly.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

NR1007 Failed 2 weeks after warranty expired Empty Really - send another email to be ignored

Post  craigjs Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:51 pm

Thanks for trying, but I'll be damned if I'll send another correspondence to these jerks. I've tried the web site to ask for help, I've tried the phone, I 've tried email and I've tried this forum. The jerks in support are ignoring me on purpose. From what I've read this is such a widespread problem, that Onkyo has decided to ignore, rather than man up and fix it for all the customers who got screwed buying Onkyo receivers.
They have my info in many, many forms, every one of which has been ignored. Onkyo service is hiding their heads in the sand, I have no respect for the department and especially the top level manager of Onkyo and Onkyo Service that have chosen the "ignore them and they'll go away" strategy. Jerks - all of them. In the 1850's they'd be lucky if they were allowed to kill themselves.

craigjs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next