Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NR616 Issues & Control4

Go down

NR616 Issues & Control4 Empty NR616 Issues & Control4

Post  jasmith87 Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:44 pm

I have a NR616 that is on the latest firmware: ...050200 firmware.This is the second firmware that I have put on the unit. I have actually replaced this unit twice and am on my third unit. Whenever the "network standby", or "zone 2: source" is enabled, after about a week, the NR616 refuses to pass video through. It has to be unplugged or defaulted to start working again. The 050200 firmware was supposed to resolve this. Also, I have never been able to successfully do a network firmware update. It always fails. This was the case on all three units and I used two different network configurations and followed all instructions. The only way to update the unit was via USB, and that was intermittent at best. Also, the NET portion of the receiver is intermittent and sometimes initializes, and sometimes does not. It will say "initializing" on the display of the AVR but not get an OSD. It does the same thing when accessing the USB as well. It is about 50/50 when trying to play content from a USB device. I have been checking the Onkyo website but all the firmwares have been removed from the website. I actually work for a Custom Electronics company and am a CEDIA Installer III certified technician and have been using Onkyo since the SR600-800 series.. This unit is at a customer's home and we have had to make numerous truck rolls and have lost a lot of money due to this issue. (Also, not to mention the fact that the component input does not accept anything above a 480P signal which was NOT disclaimed in the specifications. This has caused us a lot of grief as well.) If this issue isn't resolved with the next firmware, we will have to stop selling and supporting Onkyo. This is our to-go-to AVR and has been very disappointing this year. Please get these issues resolved! We have to have the network standby enabled because it is how we control our Onkyo AVR's with our Control4 remote control systems. We have another dealer in our area that just had to return (3) NR616 due to similar issues.

I am about to install another NR616 and NR717 tomorrow. Has anyone experienced these issues on the NR717 as well? We do all network control with our Control4 systems and use managed networks. We have to have "Network Standby" enabled to be compatible with our installs.

jasmith87

Back to top Go down