Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HDMI issues with TX-NR616 Receiver

2 posters

Go down

HDMI issues with TX-NR616 Receiver Empty HDMI issues with TX-NR616 Receiver

Post  HDG2012 Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:45 pm

I bought the TX-NR616 in Juky 2012. I have had issues with it since day #1. I had the receiver installed by a professional. The issue is with the HDMI output port. When initially connected, I was not able to get a TV picture. The installer plugged the HDMI cable directly into the cable box and the picture came on. After powering down the cable was plugged back into the receiver and it worked. However, in the past three months, I have had to perform the routine over six times due to lack of signal to the TV. Now, the TV picture will not come on. Called product support. They helped me with the installation of new firware-1141-0108-0400. Firware was installed successfully. Picture still does not come on. I was told to bring the unit in for repair. The receiver is built into a bookshelf with other components attached. I would have to hire someone to remove the unit and then be without TV for who knows how many weeks. From what I have read on the net, I am not alone with this issue. There must be at least a hundred posts on the HDMI issue. I would like to replace my unit and pay for an installer one time. Can you help?

HDG2012

Back to top Go down

HDMI issues with TX-NR616 Receiver Empty Re: HDMI issues with TX-NR616 Receiver

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:17 pm

I would suggest you try to reserve a SKYPE callback reservation (using a Skype enabled device or webcam and microphone, iPad or Android tablet device with Skype, or cellphone with Skype) for an interactive and visual presentation of your current setup so we can further assist you at the following weblink: http://www.onkyousa.com/support_appointment_afaq.cfm?skype=y. This reservation is available Monday -Friday 10am to 4pm EST; we would like to view your setup and work to resolve your issue.

If this option is not sufficient based on scheduling, Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Sunday 24 hours a day: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible- as we would like to confirm your current setup and further determine the next steps to evaluate this issue.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down