Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR616 Streaming Issues

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR616 Streaming Issues Empty TX-NR616 Streaming Issues

Post  ronrose Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:14 pm

I have a TX-NR616 with the current firmware that is having issues when streaming music from a Windows 7 PC or an Android tablet using the Onkyo application.

The song plays for a little while with no issue. Periodically it will stop streaming between songs or in the middle of the song just stop and jump to the next song.

I am connected to my home N type network via the wireless adapter and the wireless access point is in the same room as the receiver so it should have a very strong signal.

Is this a known issue? Is there a fix for it?

ronrose

Back to top Go down

TX-NR616 Streaming Issues Empty Re: TX-NR616 Streaming Issues

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:02 pm

I want to acknowledge this posting and advise you that we will evaluate this issue and respond promptly.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ronrose Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:45 am

Thanks for the update.

One more thing, I am able to play music from a flash drive or an iPod that is connected to the USB with no issues. This issue is only when I am playing music that is streaming from a PC or Android tablet.

Thanks.

ronrose

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:24 pm

We have concluded testing a few times trying different scenarios and have resulted in NO issues currently using a Belkin and Linksys N-router and TP-Link USB adapter. Please confirm the latest firmware update is available on this receiver. In regards to your issue- it would possibly be more effective to contact our Product Support Dept. for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue, with you having access to your unit, as prompt as possible. Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Sunday 24 hours a day: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ronrose Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:13 pm

Update….

I have not yet called the support line but I did do some things that point to the issue.

First, I saw that there is a firmware update out there for the TX-NR616 but it will not be found my the receiver and you must do the update via a USB drive.
I did this update and it did not fix my issue. Playing the first CD after update, it skipped to the next song in the middle of two songs.

I then removed my UWF-1 and plugged the receiver into a network drop, removing WiFi from the configuration.
I have streamed several CDs from my home PC and from my Android table with no issues.

It also seems to be much faster connecting to the home PC and navigating the music then it was when I am was on WiFi.

Looks like the issue is somewhere in the WiFi connection?

Thanks for your help.

ronrose

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down