Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No sound from HT-R590 Subwoofer

2 posters

Go down

No sound from HT-R590 Subwoofer Empty No sound from HT-R590 Subwoofer

Post  Mikedubose Thu May 03, 2012 2:59 pm

Hello and thank you for viewing my problem,
Yesterday I picked up an HT-R590 from the local Naval Exchange. After returning home and setting everything up, everything worked swell. After an hour or so of listening to music on the default settings my subwoofer stopped working. The light was blue the entire time. After reading through these forums I've tried a few different things. I've ran Audyssey (Didn't detect the sub..no sound came from it during sound check), read the "no sound from subwoofer" hyperlink posted in a few of the forums. I've tried messing around with the subwoofer settings manually. I've tried doing a hard reset of the receiver (VCR/DVR and power button) but to no avail. So I went to bed last night and turned off my system. When I woke up this morning, I tried giving it another shot. When I turned on my receiver, the subwoofer light stayed red. It doesn't turn blue unless I unplug the Pre-out from the back of the receiver. The front speakers are set to small and the subwoofer is turned on (Although Audyssey didn't pick it up, I turned it on manually). Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's frustrating because I just bought this system yesterday and I'm stationed overseas so just getting up and going to an authorized repair dealership isn't really an option.

Thank you in advance,

Michael DuBose
USN

Mikedubose

Back to top Go down

No sound from HT-R590 Subwoofer Empty Re: No sound from HT-R590 Subwoofer

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri May 04, 2012 3:05 pm

Hi Mikedubose,

Unfortunately you've done all that could be done at this point and the only suggestion is have a technician take a look at it for you. Authorized service centers can be found on our website at www.onkyousa.com under support.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikedubose Fri May 04, 2012 3:41 pm

Seems like there aren't any dealers or repair centers around here. Like I said earlier, I'm stationed overseas. Should I just pack it up and exchange it at the place I bought it?

Mikedubose

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikedubose Fri May 04, 2012 3:42 pm

Dtr Technologies
2525 West 6th Avenue
Denver, CO 80204
303-573-6288 (Tel)
Distance: 16879.9 miles

That's the closest one Sad I'm definitely not traveling 17 thousand miles lol

Mikedubose

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri May 04, 2012 3:50 pm

Hi Mikedubose,

If you are still within the exchange period you most certainly can exchange it with the dealer you purchased it from.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down