Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HT-R590 Subwoofer Levels Change after Click

2 posters

Go down

HT-R590 Subwoofer Levels Change after Click Empty HT-R590 Subwoofer Levels Change after Click

Post  HylianBowcaster Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:00 am

I've got the HT-R590 receiver that is bundled in the HT-S5400 HTiB and since using it for the last few months I've noticed that during some bass heavy moments during a movie or some music the receiver will make an audible click noise and the bass will become much louder and actually sound fuller and more accurate I believe. However after a while of running the receiver like this it will make another click and return to the previous low levels of bass which sound almost non-existent compared to the higher levels. Is my receiver defective or is there something I can do about this?

HylianBowcaster

Back to top Go down

HT-R590 Subwoofer Levels Change after Click Empty Re: HT-R590 Subwoofer Levels Change after Click

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:51 am

What is the serial number of the subwoofer in question? This would us with more ability to further assist and resolve this issue you are experiencing. Please refer to the following PRESS RELEASE to see if your SUBWOOFER is eligible: http://www.us.onkyo.com/press_releases.cfm?id=222.

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

HT-R590 Subwoofer Levels Change after Click Empty Re: HT-R590 Subwoofer Levels Change after Click

Post  HylianBowcaster Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:44 pm

I went through the site to check if my subwoofer is defective and it says, based on my serial number that it does not. However, I did notice that my serial number ends in the letter "D". It looks like the letter D has been pasted on to the serial number label. I saw on the refurbished unit description that refurbished subwoofers would end in the letter D, but I bought mine new from Fry's Electronics.

HylianBowcaster

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:51 pm

Please provide all pertinent information to the following email address (onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com):

- NAME:
- FORUM USERNAME/ HANDLE:
- ADDRESS:
- CITY/ STATE:
- EMAIL:
- CONTACT NUMBER:

- SERIAL NUMBER OF RECEIVER:
- SERIAL NUMBER OF SUBWOOFER:
- DEALER OF PURCHASE:
- DATE OF PURCHASE:

I will research further and investigate this issue further; thank you for your time, patience, and assistance.

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down