Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR609 Sound only from Subwoofer at Start

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR609 Sound only from Subwoofer at Start Empty TX-NR609 Sound only from Subwoofer at Start

Post  ratpiot Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:39 pm

I have a TX-NR609 purchased March 2012. In August I noticed static in the surround left front high speaker. I tried different speaker wires and speaker but didn't help. In September I would turn on the receiver and there would only be sound coming from the subwoofer. After 10 - 20 minutes the other speakers would click on and then sometimes would click back off with sound once again only coming from the subwoofer. This would happen under any input it was on. I had a picture but no sound. In mid September I brought it in to an authorized service center and after a full month they replaced the HDMI board. I thought this was odd because the picture worked just no sound. So I get it home and hook it up, do an update and it works great but after a day guess what? The same thing happens! Sound only from the subwoofer and static in the speaker. To add to it the buttons in the middle of my remote, enter and the surrounding buttons, only work intermittently. Today I brought it back to the service center so hopefully they can figure it out. I love the features of this unit but at this rate it's going to be at the service center more than in my house. Good thing it is still under warranty.

ratpiot

Back to top Go down

TX-NR609 Sound only from Subwoofer at Start Empty Re: TX-NR609 Sound only from Subwoofer at Start

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:01 pm

What is the serial number of this receiver? Who is the dealer of purchase and which authorized service center have you taken your unit for warranty repair? Please reply via PM or at the following email address to the attention of the FORUM MODERATOR (onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com). I would like to research this issue further.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR609 Sound only from Subwoofer at Start Empty Re: TX-NR609 Sound only from Subwoofer at Start

Post  ratpiot Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:35 pm

I have supplied the above info in an email. Now just waiting for an update.

ratpiot

Back to top Go down

Post  ratpiot Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:29 pm

Well it's been over a month now and no reply from the moderator or the service center where I dropped it off at. Every time I try to get an update from the service center it's " I'll check and I will need to call you back" and then of course I get no reply. At this rate the receiver will be out of warranty before it gets fixed. If this doesn't get resolved I'm thinking of throwing the damn thing in the trash and for sure not buying another Onkyo product again. That's what happened to a Sony TV I bought 20 years ago an I can assure you I've never bought another Sony product again.

ratpiot

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:30 pm

We apologize for the delay in resolving this issue; please forward the previous correspondences to the following email address and I will have upper management review this issue and advise you of their decision. This will be expedited promptly and I myself or a supervisor will be contacting you back by Monday (as per the holiday weekend).

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ratpiot Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:29 pm

What email address?

ratpiot

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:33 pm

onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com

Sorry for the omission of the email address. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down