Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other issues on the 609.

2 posters

Go down

Other issues on the 609. Empty Other issues on the 609.

Post  bh Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:16 pm

Please see my ??? on the USB problem also.

If everything is powered down, tv, receiver, sat box, and I turn on the TV and the sat box but not the receiver I get sound from the TV speakers for about thirty seconds then it goes quiet. I have to turn on the receiver and then I get sound from the surround speakers. If I just want to use the TV speakers and power off the receiver sometimes I get sound from the TV sometimes I don't, it seems that when I do get sound there are two little lights on the front panel one says HDMI and the other is Z2. if the Z2 light is not on I get no sound. Why do I need to have Z2 on the get sound from the TV speakers when the unit is powered off?

One other thing that bothers me is the unit has a hard time syncing up with my PC which is on HDMI 5. Ive tried different cables and different HDMI ports. The screen will flash on then go blank over and over for maybe a minute then it comes on. The PC never has exhibited any problems with my previous setup or if it's hooked up to the TV directly. However I can't get sound this way because the PC sound is through an optical IO and the TV doesn't have optical in. It seems like your engineers really don't care or understand what people need.

This whole thing is really bumming me out. The receiver sounds very good after spending literally hours and hours of going through the multitude of setups and getting it the way I want it. It's all these little problems that keep popping up. This is the second 609 that I've gotten, the first developed problems with the setup mic and some video issues after a couple of weeks and Amazon shipped a new one and I swapped it out so I didn't have to be without a unit. If I have to have this one replaced will Onkyo ship me another unit or will I have to wait for this one to be fixed?

bh

Back to top Go down

Other issues on the 609. Empty Re: Other issues on the 609.

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:41 pm

Hi bh,

It sounds like the receiver is in need of further evaluation and will need to go to one of our authorized service centers. Authorized service centers can be found on our main page under support.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down