Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Component output over hdmi tx-nr717

2 posters

Go down

Component output over hdmi tx-nr717 Empty Component output over hdmi tx-nr717

Post  Hastor Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:15 pm

I am wondering if there is a way to do this, if not, please consider for a firmware update.

I would like to output my component cable sources through the component output, and NOT HDMI. The problem is that the only way to select which component cable input is being output over component is to assign it to an input, which also results in it being output over HDMI.

It seems that the conversion from component to HDMI creates lag, which isnt good because this is for a game console, the Wii, which doesnt offer HDMI. While we can still switch to the component input on the TV to solve the issue, no one remembers to do this after they hit the input and see the game system screen via HDMI. The picture is also not as clear over HDMI, and the lag makes games difficult. I would rather just be able to disable HDMI output for this device, but keep the ability to output it over component.

I was able to get rid of lag on everything else by setting HDMI to "through", but there is still lag from it converting the analog signal to HDMI, and the picture is a bit soft compared to using the component output, which is just a passthrough.

Any advice?

Hastor

Back to top Go down

Component output over hdmi tx-nr717 Empty Re: Component output over hdmi tx-nr717

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:54 pm

Your message has been forwarded to the appropriate representatives and department for further review and research. Thank you again for your input; as someone from the Engineering department will research your suggestion.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down