Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR717 No Subwoofer Output

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR717 No Subwoofer Output Empty TX-NR717 No Subwoofer Output

Post  mbunker Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:10 pm

I have a brand new NR717 that I have set up with 2 sub-woofers that are connected via a separate, stereo power amplifier. The RCA connections from the sub-woofer pre-outs are connected directly to the power amplifier which is then connected to the 2 sub-woofers. When I go thru the calibration process, I get the calibration sound from them and the summary recognizes them and indicates they are present. However, I get no sound from them from then on. I have tried different sound sources (tuner, i-net radio, cable, etc.) but I never hear them and the power amp gives no indication it is receiving any input. What should I do next?

mbunker

Back to top Go down

TX-NR717 No Subwoofer Output Empty Re: TX-NR717 No Subwoofer Output

Post  OnkyoUSA Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:38 pm

I would suggest you try to reserve a SKYPE callback reservation (using a Skype enabled device or webcam and microphone, iPad or Android tablet device with Skype, or cellphone with Skype) for an interactive and visual presentation of your current setup so we can further assist you at the following weblink: http://www.onkyousa.com/support_appointment_afaq.cfm?skype=y. This reservation is available Monday -Friday 10am to 4pm EST; we would like to view your setup and work to resolve your issue. We would also to further research the power amp and subwoofer specifications. Please provide this information as well so we can interactively work on a resolution to this setup issue promptly.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR717 No Subwoofer Output Empty Update

Post  mbunker Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:22 pm

I found another piece to the puzzle. I was listening to the i-net radio and when I turned off the TV, the sub-woofers began working! TV on, no sub-woofers, TV off, sub-woofers work great (kind of loud, I would like to back them off compared to the mains). This all occurred when I was listening to the i-net radio. I had used the TV to scroll thru the various stations available and simply left it on. When I turned it off, the bass kicked in and the system really came to life.

The details on my sub-woofer setup are as follows: RCA connections from the NR717 sub-woofer pre-outs to a Phase Linear 400 power amp (R and L). The power amp is then connected to a pair of Dahlquist sub-woofers. The main speakers (Dahlquist DQ-10s) are connected directly to the NR717.

The TV is connected via a single HDMI cable to the NR717. I also have a ROKU and cable box, both of which are connected via HDMI cables. That is about it at this point.

I did a firmware update on Thursday so it should be up to date but I can do it again if you think it will help.

The manual indicates that there is a way to manually adjust the different speaker levels, but I have not been able to find how that is done (though I tried several times).

mbunker

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:52 pm

Good to read you finally were able to hear your subwoofers active. What is the current firmware version of your receiver? The latest firmware version is 1100-7101-0100-0000; please confirm this is the current firmware version of your receiver.

*IMPORTANT NOTICE
1) If the current F/W version of your receiver IS listed above, this update will occur in 2 parts.
a. The 1st part of the update will clear the settings and restore the unit to factory default
setting. Initial set-up must be performed again including Network setting and Audyssey calibration.
b. Once the network setting are re-established, the 2nd portion of the update will occur which will add
support for the UBT-1. Settings WILL NOT be cleared as a result of this 2nd portion.
c. It is recommended to proceed with these FW update via USB.

In regards to reconfiguring the individual speaker channel outputs; go into the HOME SETUP menu of the receiver by pressing the RECEIVER and then HOME buttons on the remote controller. Scroll to the SETUP option (Red toolbox) and press the ENTER button to access the menu. Now scroll down to 2. SPEAKER SETUP and press ENTER. Now scroll down to 2.4- LEVEL CALIBRATION and press ENTER again. Now you will hear pink noise as a test tone for that highlighted speaker channel- this is where you would tweak the individual speaker channels manually OR commence the Audyssey calibration.

If you have any more questions or concerns, Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (800-229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT 24 hours a day). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

TX-NR717 No Subwoofer Output Empty Working Fine!

Post  mbunker Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:59 pm

A new factory reset seems to have fixed all the problem. The sub-woofers are working and I have multiple sound options available from the different input sources, with and without the TV being on.

Thanks to all who helped get this going, it is very much appreciated!

mbunker

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:27 pm

No problem. If you need any further assistance; please contact us via phone, email, or via our Onkyo Forum at https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com/f1-welcome-to-the-onkyo-forum.

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down