Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

skw-530 subwoofer

2 posters

Go down

skw-530 subwoofer Empty skw-530 subwoofer

Post  whitetm Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:19 pm

LED is not on, so I checked the fuse inside and it's good. I was able to get a schematic for the skw-530. But the schematic doesn't give me what the voltage coming out of the linear transformer that feeds the ciruit board, I did check the voltage with a meter and it show 36 volts ac is coming out of the transformer, is that correct?. There a two resistors that are connected to the transformer that get really really hot. the printed circuit board where the transfor connects does say "AC in". My question is what should be the proper voltage to the circuit board? The transformer is a NPT-1495D, sn 2301745 PEHH 001DB TAM M 0534 according to the parts list on the schematic.

whitetm

Back to top Go down

skw-530 subwoofer Empty Re: skw-530 subwoofer

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:21 pm

As we do NOT recommend self-repair of our components, especially regarding POWER SUPPLIES as a warning, I was able to obtain some information from our Engineer. They instruct the following: check DC Voltage after the regulator, proper voltage should be +50 V -50 V. Hope this resolves your inquiry.

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

skw-530 subwoofer Empty Voltages

Post  whitetm Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:00 pm

I did measure 50 DC on the "+" side of the bridge rectifier. But when I checked the voltage at R901 and R902, on one side of them I got 16 volts DC and when I checked for voltage on the other side of them I got "0" volts. But R901 and R902 are very hoy the the touch.

whitetm

Back to top Go down

skw-530 subwoofer Empty Sub will not turn off

Post  whitetm Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:53 pm

OnkyoUSA wrote:As we do NOT recommend self-repair of our components, especially regarding POWER SUPPLIES as a warning, I was able to obtain some information from our Engineer. They instruct the following: check DC Voltage after the regulator, proper voltage should be +50 V -50 V. Hope this resolves your inquiry.

Forum Moderator
Well I found a bad electrolytic cap that shorted. I replaced it and the sub works when I turn on the stereo, the new problem is that when I turn off the stereo OFF the sub remains ON. Any idea which component control's the part of the circuit that turns the amp on/off? I even unplugged the the RCA connector from the stereo and the subs green led was still lit up until I unplugged the power from the wall. When I plugged the power back in the led turned red.I don't know if it is an IC or just a transistor that does it. Can one of your engineers tell me which component that triggers the amp to turn ON and turns it OFF? Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Tom

whitetm

Back to top Go down

skw-530 subwoofer Empty Re: skw-530 subwoofer

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down