Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HT-R590 I have audio but no Video output

3 posters

Go down

HT-R590 I have audio but no Video output Empty HT-R590 I have audio but no Video output

Post  Elenkus Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:59 am

I just finished installing the HT-R590 receiver, but the video signals from my input sources are not making it to my tv. I know the HDMI output from the receiver is working because I can see the menu on my tv.

Right now I have component video hooked in for my cable, and cables from my xbox 360 connected to the "games" input plugs. The audio lines associated with the component video are plugged into the tv/cd audio plugs. I have an HDMI plug from the HDMI output to the tv, but still nothing.

Please advise. Thank You

Elenkus

Back to top Go down

HT-R590 I have audio but no Video output Empty with HDMI

Post  Elenkus Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:08 am

Okay, now I plugged in HDMI output from xbox to receiver, then hdmi from receiver to tv. Now I have video but no Audio. Please help.

Elenkus

Back to top Go down

HT-R590 I have audio but no Video output Empty Re: HT-R590 I have audio but no Video output

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:14 pm

Hi Elenkus,

Have you made sure that your audio out from the source device is set to output over HDMI?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

HT-R590 I have audio but no Video output Empty Wii and XBox360

Post  timidone Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:45 am

A thread I can relate to!!

I just installed my 590 and can't seem to get the wii or xbox360 video to show! Audio fine. If I connect either device directly to my TV (Sony Bravia) I have no problems but nada when on the receiver.

Is there some setting I am missing on the receiver? The wii output the three color cable (Yellow<video>,Red and White<audio>) and the XBox the 6 cable setup...please help! I am very frustrated! Crying or Very sad

timidone

Back to top Go down

HT-R590 I have audio but no Video output Empty Re: HT-R590 I have audio but no Video output

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:01 pm

Hi timidone,

If you are attempting to up convert the yellow video in out through the HDMI output to your TV then this will not work as with this receiver it does not do the video up conversion from analog to HDMI. Keep in mind that whatever video source you have going in must go out the same way.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down