Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Firmware Updates today for TX-NR616 have broken the HDMI output for the recevier

+4
jaypugh
hodell
mjampolsky
gbwilliams5
8 posters

Go down

Firmware Updates today for TX-NR616 have broken the HDMI output for the recevier  Empty Firmware Updates today for TX-NR616 have broken the HDMI output for the recevier

Post  gbwilliams5 Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:32 am

I just did the new firmware update (6/26/2012) tonight and after it completed, (It actually said "Completed!!" on the front panal of the receiver) I am getting no picture or sound coming through my Onkyo TX-NR616to the TV. It asks if I want to update again and when I do, I get "Error!! 5-82" which from what I have looked up online, is a time out error. I tried to update over the net (with my Onkyo wireless adapter) as well as downloading the files on a USB drive - both give me the same error (5-82). I have tried the factory reset also with no luck

Anything I can do?

gbwilliams5

Back to top Go down

Firmware Updates today for TX-NR616 have broken the HDMI output for the recevier  Empty Re: Firmware Updates today for TX-NR616 have broken the HDMI output for the recevier

Post  mjampolsky Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:46 am

I posted this in another thread.... I have the exact same issue...

Did the update via the network today.... showed complete restarted no HDMI picture....
audio worked
said another update was available updated via network
vm updating - then error 5-82 restarted - re-tried... same error
restarted - turned off - pulled all hdmi cables - uplugged - turned on - re-tried - same error
cleared memory (cbl & power) re-tried the above - same error
downloaded onto USB - re-tried the above - same error

my new 616 is now a brick... called support... nearest repair is 500 Miles (750 KM's) away just awesome

this is the 6th Onkyo receiver I have purchased... never had so many problems before

mjampolsky

Back to top Go down

Firmware Updates today for TX-NR616 have broken the HDMI output for the recevier  Empty Re: Firmware Updates today for TX-NR616 have broken the HDMI output for the recevier

Post  hodell Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:10 am

Onkyo - what are you recommending for those of us with 616s that have not updated using the most recent firmware?

Obviously there is a problem - what are we supposed to do and what are you going to do for those that now have bricked 616s?

This has gone from being a nuisance to an unmitigated disaster for some 616 owners. What is the plan Onkyo?

Onkyo USA corporate offices can be reached at:

(201) 785-2600

18 Park Way, Upper Saddle River, NJ 07458

chuck

hodell

Back to top Go down

Post  jaypugh Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:01 am

gbwilliams5 wrote:I just did the new firmware update (6/26/2012) tonight and after it completed, (It actually said "Completed!!" on the front panal of the receiver) I am getting no picture or sound coming through my Onkyo TX-NR616to the TV. It asks if I want to update again and when I do, I get "Error!! 5-82" which from what I have looked up online, is a time out error. I tried to update over the net (with my Onkyo wireless adapter) as well as downloading the files on a USB drive - both give me the same error (5-82). I have tried the factory reset also with no luck

Anything I can do?

As I posted in the Firmware update thread, I have the same problem. I was so excited about the update fixing my remaining issue and now this.. Mad

jaypugh

Back to top Go down

Post  BhamGamer Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:50 pm

Add me to the list, HDMI output no longer working after latest firmware update on NR616 - please let us know the status and send out a firmware update ASAP, thanks!

BhamGamer

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:18 am

Hi BhamGamer,

Did you get any errors when downloading the new firmware?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BhamGamer Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:43 pm

OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi BhamGamer,

Did you get any errors when downloading the new firmware?

Same one as others above....

BhamGamer

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:00 pm

Hi BhamGamer,

Are you getting the 5-82 error code? If so please PM me with your answer as we may be able to assist with this.

Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jones1202 Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:05 pm

Got the 616 the other day. Pretty sure I had to do 3 updates. First update seemed to take the longest. Currently running 1110-8106-0300. I did end up with a problem where it was like the screen resolution wasn't correct. Picture was not clear or sized right. It did end up with great looking picture now though, have no idea what made it go. I have had flicker problems with certain menu displays. It is like it finds the signal and looses it.

When updating I used hdmi in cbl/sat port. Connected ethernet cable from router. When the 616 display said completed I turned off 616 with front power button. Waited a min and turned back on.

Onkyo please fix these receivers they seem like they could be a great line!!!

jones1202

Back to top Go down

Post  Rasputin Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:03 pm

I had the same flicker problems myself, the signal was lost and came back again and again. Thought it was the sources, the tv or the HDMI-cables but after switching everything around a few times I found it was my 616 causing it. For some reason it seems to work right now but I don't dare installing the last firmware. The risk of bricking seems overwhelming and Onkyo is not helping with any new information.

Rasputin

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:51 am

Hi Rasputin,

Please try the update and if you get any error messages please PM me with the message and it will be handled accordingly.

Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down