Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR809 volume leveling function question

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR809 volume leveling function question Empty TX-NR809 volume leveling function question

Post  Bland125 Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:57 pm

Hello!

I am a proud owner of a TX-NR809 AV receiver and this is a fabulous machine and I love it! I have a question regarding one of it's functionality I have yet to find the name of. It looks like a form of intelligent volume where watching cable tv, the volume gets adjusted between channels and even tv ads. While i often appreciate it, it also annoys me a bit for a specific channel i watch a lot by lowering down by much the volume of the channel's regular content. It happens when i change channels and with each tv ad and the receiver show "dialog norm" and a DB of -7 for example.

I've searched the manual and I'm sure it's in there but I'm a bit confused by all the audio functions it has. Could you please direct me in how to turn this function on/off and maybe even configure this function?

Thank you very much!

Bland125

Back to top Go down

TX-NR809 volume leveling function question Empty Re: TX-NR809 volume leveling function question

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:24 pm

Hi Bland125,

This is called dynamic volume under Audyssey which must be run in order to use this function. You can select this feature one of two ways it can be selected with the remote by pressing the Home Button and navigating to Audio or it can be selected in the menu of the receiver by navigating to number 4 (Source setup) then select Audyssey (keep in mind that this will be grayed out if Audyssey is not run).
This information can also be found on page 53 of the manual.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR809 volume leveling function question Empty Re: TX-NR809 volume leveling function question

Post  Bland125 Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:35 pm

Thank you for the quick answer. I'll will be reading this section carefully and will be playing with the settings so I can learn how to make them optimal for me!

Bland125

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:28 pm

Hi Bland125,

You are very welcome and thank you for purchasing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down