Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NR5008 Setup Questions

2 posters

Go down

NR5008 Setup Questions Empty NR5008 Setup Questions

Post  discokachina Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:04 pm

1. After running XT32 all the speaker levels were set between -2 and -5. I found that by increasing the speaker levels of all the speakers by the same amount ie increase each by +5 that l was able to get more volume from the amp. Is there a problem with increasing all the speaker levels like this? Can I increase all the speaker levels so that they are all between +5 and +10 without causing any harm or distortion to the sound?

2. Will adjusting the EQ Reference Level Offset affect the max volume?

3. I have recently upgraded my Front L/R speakers to 4 ohm speakers. I have also added an external 2 channel amp that I have the 4 ohm speakers connected to via the NR5008's Pre Out jacks. Now that all the other speakers connected to the NR5008 speaker terminals are 8 ohm speakers in Speaker Settings should I select 4 or 6 ohms?

4. Are there any other tips on selecting other settings to get the most undistorted volume from the NR5008?

5. Now that I have connected an external amp to the Pre Out Front L/R jacks can I run a second set of Front L/R speakers from the Front L/R speaker terminals? Or does connecting an external amp cutoff output to the corresponding speaker terminals on the back of the NR5008?

6. Any plans for a true 11.2 channel AVR? I would buy one if you make one!

discokachina

Back to top Go down

NR5008 Setup Questions Empty Re: NR5008 Setup Questions

Post  discokachina Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:37 pm

Bump

discokachina

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:54 pm

Hi discokachina,

My answers are bolded and underlined.

1. After running XT32 all the speaker levels were set between -2 and -5. I found that by increasing the speaker levels of all the speakers by the same amount ie increase each by +5 that l was able to get more volume from the amp. Is there a problem with increasing all the speaker levels like this? Can I increase all the speaker levels so that they are all between +5 and +10 without causing any harm or distortion to the sound?
(Answer) - You can increase or decrease the level calibration to suit whatever listening enjoyment you prefer so in this case it does not matter at what levels you set it as long as it sounds good to you.2.
Will adjusting the EQ Reference Level Offset affect the max volume?
(Answer) - The EQ reference level will only adjust the film effects and has nothing to do with the max volume.
3. I have recently upgraded my Front L/R speakers to 4 ohm speakers. I have also added an external 2 channel amp that I have the 4 ohm speakers connected to via the NR5008's Pre Out jacks. Now that all the other speakers connected to the NR5008 speaker terminals are 8 ohm speakers in Speaker Settings should I select 4 or 6 ohms?
(Answer) - It is not suggested to mix and match speakers with different Ohms. The reason is if you change the Ohms on the receiver to 4 Ohms it will change all speakers to 4 Ohms.
4. Are there any other tips on selecting other settings to get the most undistorted volume from the NR5008?
(Answer) - This is something that has to be made individually as every ear is different.
5. Now that I have connected an external amp to the Pre Out Front L/R jacks can I run a second set of Front L/R speakers from the Front L/R speaker terminals? Or does connecting an external amp cutoff output to the corresponding speaker terminals on the back of the NR5008?
(Answer) - Connecting an external amp will not cut off the main speakers.

6. Any plans for a true 11.2 channel AVR? I would buy one if you make one!
(Answer) - As far as any plans to make a true 11.2 channel AVR, there is no information on that as of now but in the future there may be something with this feature.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down