Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NR3009 - HDMI Main out issue

2 posters

Go down

NR3009 - HDMI Main out issue Empty NR3009 - HDMI Main out issue

Post  zra1974 Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:14 pm

Hi Everyone,

I recently went through an ordeal with this model related to the HDMI Main out having no picture at all over a longer length HDMI and then again with an HDMI over cat6 ballun. The symptoms were that screen would cycle though the various resolutions and end up black. I checked it only two different screens. The sub out worked fine, but not the main. Since this was a new machine, and i briefly was receiving a picture on the main, i came to the conclusion that it had failed. I called onkyo tech support, and we went through some standard solutions including the reset function. Of course, that didnt work, and i ultimately returned the machine to amazon who quickly replaced it. Guess what? Same issue with the new machine. I decided at that point to check the firmware version for updates. The model that I had didnt have the most current, so i updated it and wallah. That was it.

Hopefully this helps, and Onkyo tech support please consider offering customers the idea to check the firmware version. Had they done this they would have saved myself the time and trouble, and saved amazon the shipping costs.

zra1974

Back to top Go down

NR3009 - HDMI Main out issue Empty Re: NR3009 - HDMI Main out issue

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:34 pm

Hi zra1974,

I will forward your suggestion to our product support management.

Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down