Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR3007 No Sound and Initialization Issue

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR3007 No Sound and Initialization Issue Empty TX-NR3007 No Sound and Initialization Issue

Post  Darkflyer Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:07 pm

I purchased a TX-NR3007 in 2009. It now does not have sound when I turn it on. Initially, the reset procedure worked but now that does not work. Now I have to get the receiver to initialize by pressing NET/USB then going to Server. This can be circuitous as these steps don't always reset in initialization occuring but repeated attempts resulting in successful initialization results in sound returning.

I have read many forums and am disappointed to learn my extensive pre-purchase research resulted in my buying a receiver with systemic sound issues that the manufacturer, Onkyo has not commited themselves to rectifying through a recall or replacement program although well known to be a manufacturer defect.

It is not a HDMI hardward issue, it is a software issue and I am very surprised that Onkyo has not written a software patch to resolve this issue since 2009.

I expect this issue to be rectify without cost to me and the other owners of these receivers or Onkyo's name to suffer appropriately with a loss of market share that will become a death knell for the company. Already I have had to revisit comments I had made to others about the quality of Onkyo products and will feel duty bound to address a much wider audience should this indifference to a major software glitch remained unaddressed.

Darkflyer

Back to top Go down

TX-NR3007 No Sound and Initialization Issue Empty Re: TX-NR3007 No Sound and Initialization Issue

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:23 pm

Hi Darkflyer,

Please contact our parts and service department at 201-785-2600 option number 4 for further assistance in this matter.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR3007 No Sound and Initialization Issue Empty Update on TX-NR3007 No Sound and Initialization Issue

Post  Darkflyer Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:47 am

I have read many of the postings regarding the no sound issue as I have this issue with my Onkyo TX-NR3007 (0882DC1020023157 L). I posted on the forum myself that it was obviously a software issue as if I could get my receiver to reinitialize the sound would again work. This is no longer the case as nothing gets it to work now.

The forum moderator should STOP saying that all Onkyo's do not have this problem as it is more likely that all owners do not go through the somewhat elaborate process of updating the software and therefore would not incur the wrath of the software upgrade on their hardware.

If you flash your receiver, you get burnt with no sound eventually. If you do not flash your receiver, then you do not.

Your engineers need to address this simple fact right away and Onkyo needs to replace these faulty receivers and eradicate these destructive software upgrades.

Darkflyer

Back to top Go down

TX-NR3007 No Sound and Initialization Issue Empty Re: TX-NR3007 No Sound and Initialization Issue

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:29 pm

Hi Dark Flyer,

Please contact our Parts and Service Department at 1-201-785-2600 option 4 or you can email us at parts@us.onkyo.com for further assistance. We are commited to our customers and would like to resolve the problem for you.

Thanks,

Forum Madorator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down