Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX NR3007 sound issues

2 posters

Go down

TX NR3007 sound issues Empty TX NR3007 sound issues

Post  JohnC80w Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:02 pm

I have two NR3007s purchased in 2009 which I received from my fathers estate when he passed away last year. Both of them have no sound but Video works. I remember my father had this problem before on one of them and had to have the HDMI board replaced.
On the Onkyo products forum, it seems that this is a prevalent issue with this model and lots of people are paying to replace the sound board. I called the support number and was told that this is a known defect which would be repaired if i produced purchase orders. I have gone through my fathers papers which were passed to me and i just can't find the purchase orders. I don't have have access to his credit card receipts and for obvious reasons I cannot ask him. I have called and left messages for the manager of customer support three times in an attempt to ask how to resolve this and have not gotten a callback

Can you pls direct me to my options to get this fixed. This is a clear defect in the product, is just over 3 yrs old and the obvious solution is to grant a one time authorization to the repair center to fix the problem. I don’t think its appropriate and damages the brand to not stand behind flagship products.

Can you Please advise who I can speak with to get this resolved?

JohnC80w

Back to top Go down

TX NR3007 sound issues Empty Re: TX NR3007 sound issues

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:47 pm

Hi JohnC80w,

Please PM me the serial numbers from the back of both of these two units and we will look into it for you.

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX NR3007 sound issues Empty serial numbers sent.

Post  JohnC80w Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:02 pm

Thank you

JohnC80w

Back to top Go down

TX NR3007 sound issues Empty Re: TX NR3007 sound issues

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:12 pm

Hi JohnC80w,

You are welcome.

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA